Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 kia optima sx, out of no where my cruise control stopped working, the low tire light and traction control light came on and the check bsd system light came on. The lights are staying on even after turning off and on. Anyone have a clue on what is going on?

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,024 Posts
I think someone else had mentioned something somewhat similar to your issue (multiple dash indicators lighting up)--he disconnected the battery for a few minutes or so, then after reconnecting the cable the lights went away. Not saying that this will definitely fix the issue, and what Turbonut suggested is a good place to start as well.

·
Registered
2018 Optima 2018 Optima EX
51 Posts
First, check that the brake lights are functioning properly.
I agree. What people don't realize is that many cruise control systems on cars originally equipped with incandescent lamps need the continuity to ground that the filament supplies to work properly. This is so that the cruise control disengages immediately when you step on the brake. If the lamps are burned out, cruise control may not engage. Also, people who replace incandescent lamps with LED's and don't put in the load resistors, may find that the cruise control stops working since LED's don't provide the continuity load to ground.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts