Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! my sons 2014 Kia Optima w/ 112,000 miles popped an engine code P1326 for knock sensor. Started to lose power with engine knock. I see a lot of post about engine failures being covered by KIA for this failure. What do you suggest? Call KIA and ask or is this not true?

Thank you

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,596 Posts
It's true. I assume your check engine light is flashing, and your car is now in "limp mode" where you can't access higher RPMs. I'd suggest driving the car to the dealer if you can still drive it safely there, and let them diagnose. You may need to have it towed if you can't safely drive to the dealership.

Just curious, do you happen to be using stock spark plugs? The spark plugs shouldn't matter.

P1326 KIA Meaning
The Knock Sensor Detection System (KSDS) detects vibrations indicating the onset of excessive connecting rod bearing wear. It is designed to alert the driver at an early stage of bearing wear before the occurrence of severe engine damage, including engine failure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.