2014-2015 Kia Optima - Dual Colored Quad LED Fog Lights - K5 Optima Store

41K views 90 replies 19 participants last post by  K5 Optima Store 
#1 ·

Presenting another great LED product to the forum:

2014 - 2015 Kia Optima - Dual Colored Quad LED Fog Lights

(BUY NOW)

Description:
Introducing the Dual Colored Quad LED Fog Lights for the 2014-2015 Kia Optima
These are a 1:1 direct replacement for all models of Kia Optima, except Hybrid models
Replace your single incandescent bulbs with Dual Colored quad LED Fog lights
Twice as bright as the OEM white that are standard on all 14-15 SXL models
These light up yellow when the turn signals are activated on the vehicle

Vehicle Applications:
2014-2015 Kia Optima (All trims equipped with fog lights, except Hybrid models)

Installation:
Direct replacement for your existing OEM fog lamp assemblies
Product comes with 3 wires for simple installation
(1) ground wire, (1) power wire, & (1) turn signal wire per side for easy setup

THANK YOU FOR LOOKING!

See less See more
#4 ·
This is still on the horizon for me, but definitely interested in a set! I'm curious to hear how the install goes! :)

Again, thanks for making these available David... you rock!

#6 ·
Hey Eric... what's the discount or is it a surprise??? LOL!

#7 ·
Disregard... I didn't see that the price at the top post was different from the website. See what I get for jumping the gun on the questions?!?! LOL!

#9 ·
LOL. No worries Nova. Let me know if we can help with anything else by letting you answer yourself. Thats how good we are. ;)
Hmm, so where's the 50% discount button at again?? Oh wait..nevermind, I figured that one out for myself, too!

:spank:

#17 ·
I wish it were that easy. Who knows though....

Do you know what kind of LEDs are in there?
I do not, but would be cool to find out. I think it's just one LED bulb though.

Yes what bulb is in there. I'm hoping I can upgrade my existing bulb in my SXL to a brighter one. perhaps cree upgrade?? :) lol
That would definitely be something we would offer, once we figure it out.

#25 ·
I believe you could install them without removing the bumper but man it would be a massive pain in the ass.

When I installed them the process wasn't that difficult.

• Remove front bumper
  • Use philips screwdriver and unscrew old fog lights
  • Insert LED lights into the now modified fog light holder and screw them in place.
  • Connect and hookup the power to the lights.
  • Put everything back together
Once that's all done you should be able to turn the car back on and test out the lights. It wasn't that difficult of a job.

#29 ·
If you already have an SX bumper and fog lights then I believe this is entirely plug and play because the openings on the fog-light housing are already in the correct spots.

#38 ·
Are the new switchback versions an aftermarket brand or OEM modded version?
Definitely aftermarket. The OEM version is only available in the single white color and we sold those for $389.95 shipped.

Not only are these almost half the price, but they are also much brighter in the white color then the OEM ones, and are also available with built in turn signal LEDs.

#40 ·
I just finished installing these. They are brighter than the stock quad LED fog lamps and have a whiter color closer to 5500k vs the 6500k OEM. Only downside I noticed is you lose the functionality as "fog lights" because these function more like DRLs and don't have much throw into them like the OEM counterpart but in exchange you get much brighter lights with switchback turn signal amber LEDs. I wired these to a relay and I made it so that these turn on when the parking lights come on that way I can use the stock switch and have some control on when they come on. Overall I like these better than the OEM counterpart because I never really liked the blue foreground the OEM produced. I'm a little worried that these lights can blind ppl at night but it's allot better than those PNP hid kits ppl use on non projector headlights.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

#47 ·
Wow you did a great job making this video and I have a surprise in store for everyone thanks to your help with these pics and video Nickman!!! Will be in touch with you soon! :)

LMAO about the jogger in the background, what can you do? The new video came out perfect!!! :cool:

#49 ·
Not sure if I can do a DIY.. But the three wires are:

White: positive
Black: ground
Yellow: turn signal

There's different ways to wire it. If you want them to function like fog lamps you could get some insulated terminals and some posi taps to tap into your fog light harness for the positive and ground. But you will need to tap into your headlight harness for the turn signal so you can use the switch back option.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

#57 ·
Easy wiring instructions for wiring up the quad LED fog lights for 2014-2015 Optimas that have the dual white/Amber illumination (aka switchback). The fog lights will come with three wires coming out of them, they're white, yellow, and black. White is power for the white light, yellow is the turn signal wire, and black is ground.

Below is a picture of a wiring diagram of the headlight connector, showing how I personally wired mine up. I wanted the white to come on the with factory LED strip at the top of the headlight. As you know, the factory fogs don't come on without the low beams, but the LED strip will come on by itself. So now I can use the new LED fogs and LED strip together, without the low beams. You can wire them however you want but if you want the function to work like mine this is how you wire it.

Note: if you are also upgrading the turn signal bulbs in the headlights to LED, you will need two load resistors, one for each headlight connector. You will need to put these BEFORE the t-splices where the wiring jumps off to the new fog lights, so that the load resistors work on both the fogs and the LED replacement bulbs in the headlight.

Also, you will probably want to add about 8" of wire to the fog light wires to give yourself enough room to work once the headlight is in place.

Attachments