Kia Optima Forums banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Hey David, quick question. What temperature are the LEDs in the quad lights? I want to get some new HID bulbs to match better with.

Are they like 6000k? or am I off? thanks!
I would say these are around 5500k or so IMHO.

·
Registered
2015 KIA Optima
850 Posts
The OEM quad LED fog lamps are around 6500k. These dual colored ones run around 5500k. If your talking about the OEM xenon lights they run close to 4300k. Hope this helps

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
thanks!

yea I'm talking about the dual color quad fog lamps. I want my HID to match better.

So, 5500k HIDs would match the best?

·
Registered
2015 KIA OPTIMA
193 Posts
thanks!

yea I'm talking about the dual color quad fog lamps. I want my HID to match better.

Get Osram CBIs. They start out kind of yellowish white but once you break them in you'll get around 5500K.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Really? so what are the OEM hids?
Yes sir, those are 4300k.

The OEM quad LED fog lamps are around 6500k. These dual colored ones run around 5500k. If your talking about the OEM xenon lights they run close to 4300k. Hope this helps
I agree with this assessment 100%!

Makes perfect sense, and yes those would match best.

Get Osram CBIs. They start out kind of yellowish white but once you break them in you'll get around 5500K.
These are the best option you can get on the market. However they have that perfectly nice 5500k white color but are 20% brighter than the OEM stock HID bulbs.

Yea, those are pretty expensive. I was thinking about getting these. K5 Optima Store - HID D1S Xenon Replacement Light Bulbs
Those are also nice and bright and come with a 2 year warranty.

If they are the same as the one TRS sells XB D1S then they are pretty decent.
They sure are, we are a master distributor for The Retrofit Source and carry the bulbs in stock here!

81 - 91 of 91 Posts