Kia Optima Forums banner

61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
2015 KIA Optima
850 Posts
Finally got them installed. Had them on for about a week already. Over all I love them except the turn signal portion, because the light color is a little faded or should I say not as deep amber or whatever color it is, compared to the regular turn signal. Maybe its just my OCD :cry:.

But here are some pictures. :10: (P.S. be sure to ask K5OptimaStore for the pdf of the modification you need to do. To make them fit flush)

(I also made a post about my install, might be some help to you)

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Finally got them installed. Had them on for about a week already. Over all I love them except the turn signal portion, because the light color is a little faded or should I say not as deep amber or whatever color it is, compared to the regular turn signal. Maybe its just my OCD :cry:.

But here are some pictures. :10: (P.S. be sure to ask K5OptimaStore for the pdf of the modification you need to do. To make them fit flush)

(I also made a post about my install, might be some help to you)
They look amazing! Thank you for posting pics for us as well! How long did the install take you?

·
Registered
2015 KIA OPTIMA
193 Posts
It took me two days, only reason is because I ran out of wire and I had to go get some more the next day. but other than that it would of been 1 day.
Mine took about 2-3 hours. I prewired the fog lamps to accept a 3 pin connector and used a relay. Probably would be faster if I just used posi taps to keep everything simple.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 KIA Optima
850 Posts
Mine took about 2-3 hours. I prewired the fog lamps to accept a 3 pin connector and used a relay. Probably would be faster if I just used posi taps to keep everything simple.

yea same here, it took me a little long because I added a switch to the inside of the car. I also soldered just about everything. I also Used conduit added connectors to most things, for the future if I ever have to take them off or replace them. The thing that took awhile was removing the bumper because I was scared of cracking the bumper like other have mentioned.

·
Registered
2015 KIA OPTIMA
193 Posts
yea same here, it took me a little long because I added a switch to the inside of the car. I also soldered just about everything. I also Used conduit added connectors to most things, for the future if I ever have to take them off or replace them. The thing that took awhile was removing the bumper because I was scared of cracking the bumper like other have mentioned.
Once you get used to removing the bumper it'll take you less than 15 minutes to remove. My wife actually timed me the other day and it took me about 10 minutes to remove lol

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
It took me two days, only reason is because I ran out of wire and I had to go get some more the next day. but other than that it would of been 1 day.
Thank you both for sharing your experience in terms of how long it took, I take it you both also did it on your own as well?

·
Registered
2015 optima kia optima
17 Posts
ok I really want these and want to attempt to install them myself. I dont want/care if the turn signal part of it doesnt work. my question is if i just connect the 2 other wires will this work with the stock fog light switch? and if i were to wire them up like this with the LED color be amber?

·
Registered
2015 KIA OPTIMA
193 Posts
ok I really want these and want to attempt to install them myself. I dont want/care if the turn signal part of it doesnt work. my question is if i just connect the 2 other wires will this work with the stock fog light switch? and if i were to wire them up like this with the LED color be amber?
You can wire then directly to your fog lights. You just have to tap them because they are bare wire.

·
Registered
2015 optima kia optima
17 Posts
depends what wire you give power to.

there are 3 cables

White - White leds
Yellow - amber leds
black - GND for both

so if you just want amber just connect yellow and black cables and if you want just white, connect white and black.

thank you jery911 this is the info i needed

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
You can wire then directly to your fog lights. You just have to tap them because they are bare wire.
Yep this is correct, you simply do not connect the turn signal wiring and they will remain white.

and the LED color will remain white ?
depends what wire you give power to.

there are 3 cables

White - White leds
Yellow - amber leds
black - GND for both

so if you just want amber just connect yellow and black cables and if you want just white, connect white and black.
Yep exactly, thank you for breaking that down.

61 - 80 of 91 Posts