41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Just ordered a set! Thanks
Awesome and no, thank you!

I just finished installing these. They are brighter than the stock quad LED fog lamps and have a whiter color closer to 5500k vs the 6500k OEM. Only downside I noticed is you lose the functionality as "fog lights" because these function more like DRLs and don't have much throw into them like the OEM counterpart but in exchange you get much brighter lights with switchback turn signal amber LEDs. I wired these to a relay and I made it so that these turn on when the parking lights come on that way I can use the stock switch and have some control on when they come on. Overall I like these better than the OEM counterpart because I never really liked the blue foreground the OEM produced. I'm a little worried that these lights can blind ppl at night but it's allot better than those PNP hid kits ppl use on non projector headlights
Glad to hear you got them installed and are enjoying them.

You are correct, these are about 2 times brighter than the stock Quad OEM white fogs, but add the functionality of switchbacks with the turn signal function.

I don't think you should have too much of an issue with blinding people at night, they are bright but very low to the ground and only LED. So that should not be too much of an issue.

If you have a chance, could you post up a video and or some pics of them? I'd be willing to offer a gift card if you made a really nice video we could use on the product page to advertise how these work. ;)

Sounds like you're very happy with the results Nick, any pics or video you can share because I'm sure members would love to see it.
:iagree: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2015 KIA OPTIMA
193 Posts
Awesome and no, thank you!

Glad to hear you got them installed and are enjoying them.

You are correct, these are about 2 times brighter than the stock Quad OEM white fogs, but add the functionality of switchbacks with the turn signal function.

I don't think you should have too much of an issue with blinding people at night, they are bright but very low to the ground and only LED. So that should not be too much of an issue.

If you have a chance, could you post up a video and or some pics of them? I'd be willing to offer a gift card if you made a really nice video we could use on the product page to advertise how these work. ;)

:iagree:
I'll try posting a video later this week. I'm gonna ask my wife to help hehe

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 AM ----------

Alright I took some pictures and made a video. Its my first time posting something on YouTube and was freaking out why it was 360p but now its 1080p lol. Hope you guys like it. Also correction: I didn't install any load balancing resistors that's why its hyperflashing when I disconnected the headlights.

Fog lights installed and off:

Fog lights on:

amber lights on:

and here's the Youtube video:

·
Premium Member
4,449 Posts
^^ Wow they're actually pretty bright and looks really good too. Thanks for the pics and the video Nick, btw love the custom license plate paper cover you have going on there lol :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Wow you did a great job making this video and I have a surprise in store for everyone thanks to your help with these pics and video Nickman!!! Will be in touch with you soon! :)

LMAO about the jogger in the background, what can you do? The new video came out perfect!!! :cool:

·
Registered
2015 KIA OPTIMA
193 Posts
Can I get a very detailed DIY on how to do the wiring? I have no idea what I'm doing!
Not sure if I can do a DIY.. But the three wires are:

White: positive
Black: ground
Yellow: turn signal

There's different ways to wire it. If you want them to function like fog lamps you could get some insulated terminals and some posi taps to tap into your fog light harness for the positive and ground. But you will need to tap into your headlight harness for the turn signal so you can use the switch back option.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Can I get a very detailed DIY on how to do the wiring? I have no idea what I'm doing!
I think you had sent us an email and I responded this morning with similar info as posted below. The installation process is very straightforward, however if you do not have much experience working on cars and wiring things up, you may want to consult with a professional installer for assistance.

Not sure if I can do a DIY.. But the three wires are:

White: positive
Black: ground
Yellow: turn signal

There's different ways to wire it. If you want them to function like fog lamps you could get some insulated terminals and some posi taps to tap into your fog light harness for the positive and ground. But you will need to tap into your headlight harness for the turn signal so you can use the switch back option.
Thanks NICKMAN, you are exactly right, customers can wire this up however they want based on how and when they want the lighting to come on.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I'll post this here. To get the "turn signal" to work you could tap into the headlight harness. It's the "thin brown wire" in the image below. Hope this helps. Make sure to tap into each side.
Thank you brother, I really appreciate all of your help with assisting other members. This member got these installed afterall, however did you ever hear from the other customer I gave your info too?

·
Registered
2015 KIA OPTIMA
193 Posts
Thank you brother, I really appreciate all of your help with assisting other members. This member got these installed afterall, however did you ever hear from the other customer I gave your info too?
Spoke with him earlier while I had my bumper removed. Turns out he only trimmed one side of the bezel and had problems with it sitting flush cause he needed to trim the other side too. I'm actually heading to Washington where he lives by the end of the month and offered to help as long as it didn't interfere with family time lol.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Spoke with him earlier while I had my bumper removed. Turns out he only trimmed one side of the bezel and had problems with it sitting flush cause he needed to trim the other side too. I'm actually heading to Washington where he lives by the end of the month and offered to help as long as it didn't interfere with family time lol.
You are freaking awesome man!! I cannot thank you enough for your help, but THANK YOU so much. When are you heading to Washington, end of January? Perfect timing!!!!

·
Registered
2015 KIA OPTIMA
193 Posts
You are freaking awesome man!! I cannot thank you enough for your help, but THANK YOU so much. When are you heading to Washington, end of January? Perfect timing!!!!
Ya gonna drive down there on my birthday weekend to visit my cousin who actually just got out of the army lol. He was stationed at JBLM too the same base your customer is stationed.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Ya gonna drive down there on my birthday weekend to visit my cousin who actually just got out of the army lol. He was stationed at JBLM too the same base your customer is stationed.
That's really cool of you man. I hope he can wait till you get there to help him.

·
Registered
2014 Kia 2014 Optima SX Turbo
27 Posts
Easy wiring instructions for wiring up the quad LED fog lights for 2014-2015 Optimas that have the dual white/Amber illumination (aka switchback). The fog lights will come with three wires coming out of them, they're white, yellow, and black. White is power for the white light, yellow is the turn signal wire, and black is ground.

Below is a picture of a wiring diagram of the headlight connector, showing how I personally wired mine up. I wanted the white to come on the with factory LED strip at the top of the headlight. As you know, the factory fogs don't come on without the low beams, but the LED strip will come on by itself. So now I can use the new LED fogs and LED strip together, without the low beams. You can wire them however you want but if you want the function to work like mine this is how you wire it.

Note: if you are also upgrading the turn signal bulbs in the headlights to LED, you will need two load resistors, one for each headlight connector. You will need to put these BEFORE the t-splices where the wiring jumps off to the new fog lights, so that the load resistors work on both the fogs and the LED replacement bulbs in the headlight.

Also, you will probably want to add about 8" of wire to the fog light wires to give yourself enough room to work once the headlight is in place.

Attachments

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Easy wiring instructions for wiring up the quad LED fog lights for 2014-2015 Optimas that have the dual white/Amber illumination (aka switchback). The fog lights will come with three wires coming out of them, they're white, yellow, and black. White is power for the white light, yellow is the turn signal wire, and black is ground.

Below is a picture of a wiring diagram of the headlight connector, showing how I personally wired mine up. I wanted the white to come on the with factory LED strip at the top of the headlight. As you know, the factory fogs don't come on without the low beams, but the LED strip will come on by itself. So now I can use the new LED fogs and LED strip together, without the low beams. You can wire them however you want but if you want the function to work like mine this is how you wire it.

Note: if you are also upgrading the turn signal bulbs in the headlights to LED, you will need two load resistors, one for each headlight connector. You will need to put these BEFORE the t-splices where the wiring jumps off to the new fog lights, so that the load resistors work on both the fogs and the LED replacement bulbs in the headlight.

Also, you will probably want to add about 8" of wire to the fog light wires to give yourself enough room to work once the headlight is in place.
Thank you for this post, much appreciated!!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Purchased these from David at his walk in store :thumbsup: great deal. Educated me about knock off and what not. Will defently post pictures when I get a chance to install them. Highly recommend, great customer service. :eek:ccasion14:
Thank you for your order with us and always a pleasure working with you in person at our store. Look forward to seeing your pics once installed!!

41 - 60 of 91 Posts