Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
greetings. writting to ask, as this weekend i heard a weird sound while driving. Thought that it may have been somthing to do with the brakes. After taking the wheels out saw 2 things: 1. saw blue grease on the "boots"/covers of the axles. 2. the inside of the front tires had peel some amount on both sides....FWI: had taken the car about 2 weeks ago to rotate, balance & alignment, so i was not expecting this. On top of this also saw a bit of oil coming from top valve cover by the PSI Fuel pump.

I know that the oil leak i may have to pay for the work to be done, but, are the axles still covered by Warranty as part of powertrain?...2013 & 79000 miles. Any ideas?.

TYVM.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
2,851 Posts
Get out the warranty book, but if you're the original owner, I'd say both are covered.
Axles: axle shafts & CV joints
Engine: Seals & gaskets

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes Im original owner...will look at book too...have meeting with Dealership next Tuesday...wanted to verify with the group (Forum) b4 getting there.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
2,851 Posts
From the warranty booklet:
In the Engine:Cylinder block, cylinder head and all internal parts, timing gear, seals and gaskets,valve cover, flywheel, oil pump, water pump and turbo charger.-
In the Transaxle:Transmission case and all internal parts, torque converter, drive shafts,universal joints, front hubs, bearings, seals and gaskets.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, so now I've the diagnostic from the Kia Dealer, where they suggest replacement of the dust-guards at the end of the front axles as they are "cracked" and grease is leaking from them. If it's the dust-guard and I'm seeing leakage, would that be part of the warranty?...are dust-guards considered as seals? The warranty indicates: In the Axle; axle shafts and c-v joints (couplings), "seals", hub and wheel bearings.

Need any advise as I'm contacting the dealer tomorrow and this info can be a bit counter-productive or given to difference of opinions (interpretation).

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
2,851 Posts
Very unusual that both CV boots would go in only 70k+ miles, but once again I'd say they are covered as long as no accident damage is visible. The dealer could put another spin on the problem and say it wasn't a defective product but another problem that caused the condition. Very odd that you saw the problem afterthe car was at the shop.
Guess we'll find out when the car goes in for service.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts