Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, passenger rear rotor is getting real hot so gonna change caliper and rotor gear a little noise in rear hub so might as well replace while it’s apart is the hub change straight forward just 4 bolts or anything I should know. Thank you

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,610 Posts
Been a while, but to get the caliper bracket off you'll need to remove bolt from the suspension and move the arm. Probably caliper, but those sliders stick continuously so see how the piston moves inward when caliper removed. I got sick and tired of the crappy setup and replaced all 4 calipers with aluminum units and new brackets/ hardware.
Also when trying to press the piston inward, if it doesn't go in easily, open the bleeder and try again. If it still doesn't move, caliper, but if it moves easily, brake hose.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima SX
22 Posts
I'm actually about to replace the rear hubs on my 2012 also. Better safe than sorry says replace the four hub mounting bolts when you replace the hub. Some manufacturers (GM comes to mind) explicitly say to replace them when you replace a hub. I can't find anything from Kia stating explicitly to replace them. They only get torqued down to ~60 ft-lbs, but they're also the four bolts holding your wheel bearing to the car... In my mind I feel better getting brand new OEM bolts to go with it.

Here's the walkthrough of it: Kia Optima: Replacement - Rear Hub - Carrier. Repair procedures - Rear Axle Assembly - Driveshaft and axle - Kia Optima TF 2011-2020 Service Manual

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.