Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Optima SX
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all... Been searching for a bit now and can't find any threads with this exact issue. Similar, but not the same.

When I depress the brake and press the Start button, all the accessories come on like normal, and the engine cranks and sputters, but doesn't start. I have to press the button again, stop the process and wait a minute. This may happen 2-3 times before I get it to kick over.

Also, when driving, it feels like it looses power for just a half second, then grabs hold again, almost like the trans is letting go and grabbing again.

I'm wondering though, if this is a fuel pump issue, based on what I've been reading on here.

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
2013 Optima SX
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, and just to answer the inevitable... battery is good/almost new and tank is full.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,386 Posts
Next time when starting, turn or push the button until all lights come on, foot off brake, let it sit for maybe 25-30 seconds with dash lights on, then put foot on brake and try to start the car.
As far as hesitation when driving, let's see if any change when starting.

·
Registered
2013 Optima SX
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So tried today. Was rough at first but started up. The problem is, there seems to be a couple of different symptoms. Sometimes it will crank and sputter when you hit the button, other times nothing will happen at all, and today, for the first time, it made a partial crank 4-5 times before it kicked over. And it's all intermittent. Sometimes it will start right up without an issue. I'm almost wondering if it's an ECU thing...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts