Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

As stated I was trying to change the rear brakes on my 2013 Kia Optima but had some misfortune with the rear caliper (the piston fell out of the caliper). So I want to know has any experienced this? Has anyone swapped the electronic parking brake out for a regular caliper without the parking brake? Is it possible? Is there a way to fix the current caliper? Needing alot of information here, I know its a tall order. Is this replacement caliper really a dealer item only??

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,398 Posts
From what I see the epb can be removed from the caliper (2 screws) then turn center screw/allen bolt in center of caliper all the way in, reinsert the piston, just be careful of the piston seal & dustcover. Clean everything with lint free cloth, lube piston & seal with brake fluid first.
After everything together you'll need to bleed the system.

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,486 Posts
What TurboNut says. Is the piston came out, I presume you were pumping the brakes with the caliper disconnected from the brake pads and rotor. You can fix it yourself if you have the tools other wise you can always get the parts from ebay or a dozen kia parts websites if you want new. GL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts