Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forever headache on my well loved 165k SXL that I love and hate.

Does anyone have any alternative options? 80$ each from the dealer is crazy high. And if anything, I would rather raise higher.... deff not lower my car as it already sits way too low. Lowering springs are not my thing anymore now that I am old (how I loved my lowered GTI back in the day).

OR Will a 2014 springs work as alternatives? Someone I know took theirs off after 20k to lower their car and still has their springs they will give me.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
311 Posts
Hey Jill. You might want to post a WTB in the classifieds, as Im sure many members who are lowered might have stock springs collecting dust in their garage. When I went back to stock springs on my Maxima, I missed how well it rode on aftermarket spings, but my back was killing me. LOL

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,514 Posts
Hi @Jill_Jere

I would also recommend what @redlantrn said as well.

Many times people will practically give them away after they change them out for lowering springs.

The springs on the 2014 & 2014 are the exact same though, so if you found a good deal on some from a 2014, take it.

Hope this helps.

-David

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
New spring's on. Noise gone. Life is still good. She is good to go for a little while longer. 15704859407985242284187833367868.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts