Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time reader/follower here. Have been helped in a couple different areas and I'm hoping for a little more help. Driving home from a trip Friday I have my check engine light come on. It was a driving rain storm to put it mildly. The car then wouldn't rev over 2000 RPM's. I had the light checked and it showed the knock sensor/harness. The mechanic said it was most likely from the position of the sensor and all the water and reset it. All was good until it rained again a few days later and the light came back on. I have another sensor on order but has anyone seen this? Never an issue until a few days ago. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,604 Posts
I've not encountered any problem, but as I'm also on the Hyundai Sonata Forum there was a similar problem:

They replaced the sensor, but whether it's been fixed for good?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dang, sounds like a mess. I have not had anything updated in quite some time. I did order a new sensor and it looks like the harness is included. It has been a very trustworthy car. I hate to feel like it beginning to be undependable. Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,604 Posts
Hope it works out. These type of problems are a real nuisance as there appears to be no logical explanation as why the cel lights after the car being drench by water.
Guess I need to do some research.

Let us know any updates as to the problem, fixed?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not much of a mechanic. Especially since the 2K era. Carbs, gaskets minor stuff I used to be able to deal with. Not any more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts