Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im about to lose my mind my front left brake keeps squeaking! ive have the rotors changed TWICE and the pads done three times and also replaced the calibers and its still happening and i cant for the life of me figure out whats making the noise!

mind you when ive done the brakes the sound went away for a week or two but then its back

·
Registered
14 Posts
so im about to lose my mind my front left brake keeps squeaking! ive have the rotors changed TWICE and the pads done three times and also replaced the calibers and its still happening and i cant for the life of me figure out whats making the noise!

mind you when ive done the brakes the sound went away for a week or two but then its back
Maybe your dust shield is touching the rotor, maybe hardware isnt seated or greased properly, or bad wheel bearing..

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima SX
71 Posts
What kind of pads and rotors? They are not all created equally. In the aftermarket pads I have used, none have fit into the caliper bracket very well and keep getting stuck. I’m on my third set in 4 years and they are squeaking again. I just got oe rotors and oe pads. I’m interested to see if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,667 Posts
I use this on every place there is metal to metal contact (minus the pad face to rotor obviously). I have had a lot of squeak between the piston face and the brake pad backings.

Use something like the above on the back of both pads or even a pad insulator/shim.
Try this, next time you near the noise, press the pedal harder and see if the noise stops, it should.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts