Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched through the other forums for this problem but I wasn't super clear on the solution. My heated seat bottom on the driver's side is not working. The back of the seat is still heating up. Fuse is still good. From what I can gather thus far it is most likely the heated seat pad? Is this something that a handy person can tackle on their own? If so does anyone have any good video tutorials of this? Are there any other possible solutions? Thanks for your help yall!

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,088 Posts
I would also agree bad pad, but as far as a simple fix far from that. When I've worked on heated seat pads, check to be certain power into pad then used
a T pin and MM to see where broken. If it is the pad, probably for $151, best just to purchase a new pad.

On my old '08, the passenger side seat sensor for the SRS went bad and the part was $1200, so I purchased a used seat for $100, but in fabric.
As I had aftermarket (Katzkin) leather covers, I switched the seat cushion/sensor from the fabric seat to the leather and it was fine.

Not knowing your location, check this out:
Seat, Front, then pick the location then the type of seat:
www.car-part.com

Here's some info about doing the replacement:

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
51 Posts
I searched through the other forums for this problem but I wasn't super clear on the solution. My heated seat bottom on the driver's side is not working. The back of the seat is still heating up. Fuse is still good. From what I can gather thus far it is most likely the heated seat pad? Is this something that a handy person can tackle on their own? If so does anyone have any good video tutorials of this? Are there any other possible solutions? Thanks for your help yall!
You can go to Used 2013 Kia Optima Interior Front Seat Parts | Search Used Car
yards sell seats pretty cheap because usually the airbag went off and can use parts from it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts