Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced pads, rotors and calipers on both front wheels. Cannot get air out of front left line. Checked for leaks and found none...Have done the two person bleeding procedure and still have air in left front..HELP Please

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,604 Posts
How do know there's air in the L/F?
If you replaced the front calipers did you bleed all 4 starting with the rear?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,604 Posts
That answers the question, but how is the air getting in.....Did you check the bleeder screw to make certain that it's making a perfect seal? You might smear some grease around the threads, naturally on the outside of the caliper, or even gravity bleeding. Attach a hose to the bleeder into a container, open the screw and let drip into said container, but keep an eye on the MC fluid level.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought that the first replacement caliper was bad, so i returned it to the store and installed a new one... same results. Do I really need to bleed all four wheels, even tho I only replaced the front two?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,604 Posts
That depends on whether the front lines were capped or left open during the changes. I don't like to clamp the brake hoses as it can cause internal damage and if you change them quick enough you might get by with only bleeding the fronts, especially if they were raised in the air, but if having a problem bleed all 4.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bled all four in the following sequence....RR,LF,LR,RF per ALL DATA website... it worked.... thanks for all the advise Turbonut

1 - 8 of 8 Posts