Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Optima
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever put the 2.0T into an LX with the 6 spd manual? Is it possible???

·
Registered
2018 KIA Optima
171 Posts
Anything is possible. Quoted below was an answer to a question about swapping a 3.3 tt stinger into an optima.

How hard is a measure that is impossible to tell. My last front end swap was on a 94 Pontiac. The frame lifted over the subframe. So you need an I beam, garage etc.

You have the physical parts engine, turbo, harness etc. You have have ECU. And likely the whole harness assembly that goes with that... then you have downtime. Your car will be in pieces for at least a week, possibly month, months, or year. It might never go back together. So you need a 2nd car already.

On top of all this. Noone will ever buy that car from you. You've taken an asset. And thrown a bunch of money into it. And dropped its value to scrap prices. People don't want a car that might have been pieced together..

Also there is the bank... if you don't own the car (payed off) the bank will not be happy you modifying their equipment like this.

TLDR: Is it possible? Absolutely. Cost? Out of this world.

·
Registered
2013 Optima
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anything is possible. Quoted below was an answer to a question about swapping a 3.3 tt stinger into an optima.
Thanks. I imagine the 2.0T would be an easier swap than a stinger engine. I'd love to hear of someone having done it.

·
Registered
2018 KIA Optima
171 Posts
I doubt anyone has. It's not cost effective. You are better off buying one and then playing with it. You need a whole donor car to get the electricals anyway. Might as well get an sxl and get the extra features.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts