Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I pretty much bought a lemon and am dumping money into trying to fix it. I have a 2013 kia Optima I've owned for a year now. 9 months into driving it the turbo went out on me. I ordered a remanufactured turbo with a 12 month warranty from rock auto and replaced the turbo. Before I replaced it the only codes I was getting was o2 sensor bank 1 sensor 1. So I replaced that. Now I'm getting codes saying camshaft position correlation bank 1 sensor b and Heater control circuit low bank 1 sensor 1. These codes have now popped up p0017 p0014 p0030 p0031 p0131. Anybody had these problems and know how to fix them? I'd appreciate any help before I decide to drive this thing into a tree lol

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,398 Posts
P0017 Crankshaft & Camshaft position sensor
P0014 B Camshaft position sensor
P0030 Heated O2 sensor heater control circuit Bank 1/Sensor 1
P0031 Heated O2 sensor heater control circuit low Bank 1/Sensor 1
P0131 O2 sensor circuit low voltage Bank 1/Sensor 1

Only thought I have is that with the O2 sensor you'll need to run some tests to see voltage at sensor with key on engine off.
Camshaft check VVT solenoid, oil supply, oil condition, oil level.
There's more, but probably best to check the net for additional inspection

·
Banned
10 Posts
Such an underrated car, especially the 2011-15 SX/SXL models for what you get at its price point. I'm a long-time Honda/Acura car owner, and I was so impressed with this Kia from a quality and even reliability standpoint (Kia, Hyundai and Genesis are in the Top 3 of JD Power in reliability) that I bought a 2013 SX over a year ago. Both this and the Stinger GT are compelling sedan choices to consider.
snaptube vidmate

1 - 3 of 3 Posts