Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My touch screen radio went out while driving my 2013 Optima the other day. All of a sudden the screen just went black. Was pressing buttons and realized fm and am are still working but nothing happens when I push the Sirius or phone buttons. Have looked at the fuses and they appear to be normal and have disconnected the battery. The screen randomly started working the other day and has stopped working again. Any ideas? Could it still be a fuse issue if fm works still? Do I need a new stereo? Thanks

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,597 Posts
Did you push the reset button under vol?
Not really a diagnosis, but on our '11 2.0T, the Sirius just froze, nothing, but the AM/FM, Nav all worked fine, so did a reset nothing changed. Tried reset, pulled yellow fuse holder, etc, nothing worked. Decided to purchase a used unit ($90) and after the install it's been fine for the last two years.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is no reset button on my model, have pulled the yellow fuses. I think I will order a new radio, there are install vids online. The dealer wanted $700....... no way in **** I would pay that much for an 8 year old stereo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sweet ya it doesn’t look too tremendously hard, will most likely go this route. Thanks for the feedback
Hi, I have a 2013 ex with the non-nav uvo unit and infinity system. My radio died and dealer wanted about $1000 for it, I was looking to swap in a used one from ebay but just want to ask if it was a seamless swap?

thank in advance

1 - 6 of 6 Posts