Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am trying to call around and get quotes for our kias brakes because they need changed. They keep asking me front or rear brakes and I honestly have no clue, so my question is, does our car have front or rear brakes? Or both?

Thank you

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hello,
I am trying to call around and get quotes for our kias brakes because they need changed. They keep asking me front or rear brakes and I honestly have no clue, so my question is, does our car have front or rear brakes? Or both?

Thank you
Both.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Let me expand on that. First, your front brakes will typically wear out faster than the rear brakes due to weight transfer during braking. How manymiles are on the set you have? What makes you think that the brakes need to be replaced? Avoid places like brakes plus, they will upsell useless services. Ask for brake pad thickness measurements before you authorize replacement. A general brake job included pad and rotor replacement or rotor sesurfacing if its with in spec, but rotors are so cheap mst places just swap them out, and bleeding the brakes. This is per axel. If you have a electronic parking brake make sure the shop can reset the computer or it wont work properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts