Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2013 optima engine stalls every time I attempt to start it for the past year. I've taken it to the dealership and they say there are no codes. After leaving it for several days they suggested I replace the feul pump which I did. That did not help. They suggested the Trottle body be cleaned, which I did. That also did not help. Im spending a lot of money and still there's no resolution. Can you help?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 2013 optima engine stalls every time I attempt to start it for the past year. I've taken it to the dealership and they say there are no codes. After leaving it for several days they suggested I replace the feul pump which I did. That did not help. They suggested the Trottle body be cleaned, which I did. That also did not help. Im spending a lot of money and still there's no resolution. Can you help?
If the intake valve is the pipe attached to the Throttle body then it was cleaned out 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
557 Posts
No, I'm referring to the valves themselves. You have 8 of them, 2 per cylinder. Over time GDI engines are susceptible to carbon buildup on these valves that a fuel treatment or similar application will Not remove. To clean them, you must use a product like CRC GDI Intake cleaner, or have them walnut media blasted.

Here's a simple guide: How To Use CRC GDI Intake Valve Cleaner » NAPA Know How Blog

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow. I don't think they've ever been cleaned. Thank you for the suggestion. We will try it and keep you posted for anyone else having this issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts