Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

I had an issue recently that I could use some help with. I noticed while driving the other day that my ECO mode had turned on automatically for some reason. I tried turning it off using the steering wheel ECO button, but the ECO mode would not deactivate. I stopped for gas and when turning the car back on, the ECO mode was already active, but after driving for a few minutes, the ECO mode turned off. All this happened without me pressing the ECO button at all.

When driving the car now, the ECO seems to turn on and off randomly, and pressing the ECO button on the steering wheel doesn't seem to do anything. Both the TRIP and RESET buttons on the same module work fine, as well as my volume control and call buttons. The only buttons that don't work are the ECO button and the Cruise Control buttons.

Any suggestions on what could be causing the ECO mode to randomly turn off and on?

PS: I recently replaced a fuse for one of the cigarette lighters that had blown out. I don't think these issues are related, but I'm not completely sure.

Thanks

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,604 Posts
Never encounterd the problem so just throwing this out there:
Most wheel control problems are a problem with the clock-spring.
One came take the wheel/airbag out and clean the connection to see if any change.
Deoxit is a great contact cleaner, but need to tape off wheel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts