21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's not a good link any longer.
I found a replacement at a local salvage yard . . . $120. I can buy new from Amazon for $101. I unplugged the motor for the fold-function; gorilla-glued the hinge; replaced put the mirror back on the car. No problems, just can't fold in the right mirror. Thanks for all the info.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same issue with my right side folding mirrors. It happened as I installed dome light and re-installed the fuse. How do I disconnect will keeping the marker light and the adjust function going? Which wire in the harness should I block from the pin?
I just disconnected the plug out of the motor with a green wire and red wire. The folding motor doesn't work, but the blinker light still works.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2012 SX-T with factory power folding mirrors. I folded them in today, when I folded them back out the drivers side motor will not stop running. The manual says that the interior fuse labeled "HTD MIRR" is supposed to control the folding mirror but when I pull it the motor still runs. It runs with the car off or on and the only way I can stop it is if I pull the "long term storage" dual fuse from the interior panel. My car is over 36,000 miles and out of warranty and I am the second owner. I can fold it by hand now and it feels sloppy, its not sturdy like the passenger side.

Anyone have any idea how to shut off the mirror motor?

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

I took the mirror part off and got inside the housing and found 2 wires leading to a small plug attached to the motor making the noise. I pulled the plug and that of course made the noise stop. At least now my battery won't get drained. I probably need a new motor assembly and gear, probably costs a fortune.
I just went through the same thing with my wife's 2012 Optima. I took the mirror off; disconnected the wires to the motor and re-installed. Everything works but can't fold passenger mirror. As a precaution I gorilla-glued the joint on the mirror to prevent the mirror from accidently getting moved. Can't buy the gears and a new power-folding mirror from Amazon is a little over $100. Here in St. Louis if you find a mirror at a salvage yard they want $150 for it. And it's a 10-year-old car. Keep up the maintenance and drive it until the wheels fall off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just went through the same thing with my wife's 2012 Optima. I took the mirror off; disconnected the wires to the motor and re-installed. Everything works but can't fold passenger mirror. As a precaution I gorilla-glued the joint on the mirror to prevent the mirror from accidently getting moved. Can't buy the gears and a new power-folding mirror from Amazon is a little over $100. Here in St. Louis if you find a mirror at a salvage yard they want $150 for it. And it's a 10-year-old car. Keep up the maintenance and drive it until the wheels fall off.
I found the mirror can be folded manually without a problem. I think whole, "don't do it manually" only refers to the actuall mirror adjustment.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL
604 Posts
I took the mirror part off and got inside the housing and found 2 wires leading to a small plug attached to the motor making the noise. I pulled the plug and that of course made the noise stop.
HOW do you "take the mirror part off"?
I'm a '16 and don't see anything that hints at a way.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For anyone with this issue looking for the fuse to stop the clicking side mirror motor, I never found it and I tried almost every one on the inside fuse panel. What I did figure out was that you can pull off the piece of trim on the inside of the door behind the mirror and unplug the mirror to stop the racket. Just make sure you have the mirror positioned where you like it first. It's super easy and that trim piece comes off by hand...no tools required! You do have to pull pretty hard on the plug, just don't be afraid to give it a good tug. Make sure you have it by the plastic and not the wires. There's no bracket or clip to undo...just pull hard! You're welcome!
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I followed these directions and it stopped the motor running. It was a very easy temp fix without having to disconnect the battery. Now to see if I have to replace the whole passenger mirror assembly…. But this stopped the motor running, which was my immediate concern.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts