Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2012 KIA OPTIMA
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Original owner, excellent condition, 83k miles, 274 hp turbo, 18" wheel, powertrain warranty, JVC unit w Android Auto, Apple Carplay, Homelink, strut bar, front & rear camera, color coded side moulding, all LED interior, rear bumper LED brake reflector, trunk LED, LED DRL w cabin On/Off switch, all badges are K, fender side LED, all services records at Westside Kia. The attached CarMax page is just for comparison purposes.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Optima EX ( No Tech Package)
2 Posts
How do you have any balance of transferable warranty? 2nd owner only gets a 60,000 mile (100,000 for the first owner). Just curious because we have had 2 Elantra's, 1 Forte SX and now and 2016 Optima and the second warranty ownership is standard fare. If you know some tricks I don't then please let me know.

Nice looking ride BTW.

·
Registered
2012 KIA OPTIMA
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do you have any balance of transferable warranty? 2nd owner only gets a 60,000 mile (100,000 for the first owner). Just curious because we have had 2 Elantra's, 1 Forte SX and now and 2016 Optima and the second warranty ownership is standard fare. If you know some tricks I don't then please let me know.

Nice looking ride BTW.
There is no tricks to this, all Optimas beginning in 2011 to 2015 (I think) received an extended warranty to first and subsequent owners due to a manufacturing defect affecting certain vehicles. I received a leter extending the powertrain warranty to 120,000 miles and was later told it was extended further to 200,000 miles.
Other affected forum members here can chime in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.