Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Anyone know if the new update is worth purchasing/installing? I am mainly interested in updates to the infotainment system, more so than the actual navigation maps. I have either V5 or V6 (it's been that long since I've updated the navigation system), and the screenshots don't seem to show much difference.

Also, why is it that version 12.01.22 is called (V13.0)?

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,294 Posts
My theory is that the company is too lazy to show an actual screenshot of the new version, and your ignorance works to their favor by letting you imagine what possible improvement might be included.

But if they aren't going to show me what the improvements are, they won't be getting more of my money. Just getting new roads isn't enough, but that is all they can say.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,166 Posts
Bummer--unlike the info for 2012, at least for 2018 the Gen5 Update PDF document does detail changes from the previous version. There is a "New Features" PDF link for 2012 but it doesn't detail much in terms of what's different from the previous version.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it was $49, I might be willing to buy it sight unseen, but at $145, that’s way too much for just an update of roads that will already be out of date compared to what we have on our phones.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts