Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I’m having serious issues with my optima. I’m going to do my best to describe what’s going on. When in D going uphill, the car revs as if it’s in neutral, and struggles to catch and grab a gear. Sometimes it’ll go into gear, sometimes it’ll jerk really hard and lock into 4th gear. When using sportmatic shifting, the car struggles in 1st gear coming from a stop. It slowly accelerates, and revs high until it jerks. Sometimes it’ll rev high and jerk the I’m able to shift to 2nd, and sometimes it’ll jerk and shift to 2nd the back down to first (this shifting isn’t done by me). Then it sometimes will Rev high from first, and then shift up to 4th and will be locked until I turn the car off. Every local Kia dealer is giving me the run around because they can’t duplicate the problem. Anyone else running into?

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,194 Posts
Check you have proper amount of trans fluid. Use an OBDII reader to scan for any error codes. maybe it's something simple like a bad temp sensor. Or it could be another issue where it's a thing that detects the gear or something, darn it I can't remember the name of the part. Hopefully it's not damage to the transmission gears.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts