Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So about a year I bought a 2012 Optima EX and i was fixing her up I noticed everything was from the factory, spark plugs, air filters; everything that should have been changed out already. Anyways im assuming my transmission fluid has never been changed and i was wondering if it's necessary? It's running fine but I am at over 130,000 miles

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima Ex
56 Posts
I just did a drain and fill for $136.00 at my local kia dealership. My Optima just turned 124,000 miles and I bought it with 50,000. They might have changed it before i bought it but not sure so i figured i will just get it done. They also have a "flush" service with an additive for $320.00 but I just opted for the drain and fill. I would do it just for the peace of mind.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,165 Posts
Might as well do a coolant drain/fill while you're at it, not unless you already have documentation showing that it was done recently.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Might as well do a coolant drain/fill while you're at it, not unless you already have documentation showing that it was done recently.
Well when i had an a/c hose replaced they drained all my coolant and i put in some new stuff does that count? Lol

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,597 Posts
If they drained the radiator it counts as long as they filled it with new coolant and didn't reuse the coolant that was drained out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts