Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car hard to start, I turn the key over and have to hold it before it crank rite up, after it start I drive it and it jerks a little like it's hard to catch it speed , it straightened out but still act like its loss of power while driving it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok but when I drive it down the highway it stalls before it catches its speed like its fluttering and when it straight out I push on the acceleration harder and it dont want to catch speed fareal but I will try what you says first

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
28,964 Posts
Ok but when I drive it down the highway it stalls before it catches its speed like its fluttering and when it straight out I push on the acceleration harder and it dont want to catch speed fareal but I will try what you says first
In that case, it may be something completely different, but can't hurt to check the battery life anyway to see if that's the issue.

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,499 Posts
Could be many things. Poor quality gas. Dirty fuel filter. Fouled injectors. Make sure you are using top tier gasoline and throw some Techron or seafoam in it. Outside of that, a visit to the dealership to see if there are any codes being thrown.

·
Registered
2012 KIA Optima
9 Posts
All excellent responses, yes, first check for any stored codes. Your local auto store should be able to pull the codes and do a full battery test at the same time.
Yes, I highly recommend changing out the spark plugs, it's an easy job. Fortunately, everything is on top with easy access. You will be amazed in how the car performs afterwards. Yes check the air filter or just replace.
Have you had all the car's recalls completed?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.