Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 2012 Kia Optima SX T GDI w/ turbo 2.0. I have an issue what we think is the turbo oil lines are leaking and is burning oil through the exhaust. I have no power at take off. I did reset to try and get more accurate codes, here is the list:
p0014 camshaft position actuator b-bank 1 timing over advanced, x2 p2237 02 bank 1 sensor 1 positive current circuit/open, p0140 sensor CKT no activity (bank 1 sensor 2), p0014 camshaft position actuator b - bank 1 timing over advanced.
When giving it gas it blows smoke from the exhaust like a chimney....lol. I drove the car about 10 miles and it drained all 4 quarts of oil out the exhaust. I have purchased a new turbo and gaskets and 02 sensors...I have a sneaking suspicion I may have to replace the catalytic converter with all that oil in it. But I can not find the valve lash specs for it. Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2013 Ebony SXL Turbo: Original Everything @ about 193K with Drag wheels.
397 Posts
There is a recall on the turbo oil lines, take to dealer for a Free repair.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
212 Posts
I have an 2012 Kia Optima SX T GDI w/ turbo 2.0. I have an issue what we think is the turbo oil lines are leaking and is burning oil through the exhaust. I have no power at take off. I did reset to try and get more accurate codes, here is the list:
p0014 camshaft position actuator b-bank 1 timing over advanced, x2 p2237 02 bank 1 sensor 1 positive current circuit/open, p0140 sensor CKT no activity (bank 1 sensor 2), p0014 camshaft position actuator b - bank 1 timing over advanced.
When giving it gas it blows smoke from the exhaust like a chimney....lol. I drove the car about 10 miles and it drained all 4 quarts of oil out the exhaust. I have purchased a new turbo and gaskets and 02 sensors...I have a sneaking suspicion I may have to replace the catalytic converter with all that oil in it. But I can not find the valve lash specs for it. Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2014 SXL
54 Posts
If the crankcase is not venting properly do to bad pcv valve or catch cans not installed and routed properly the oil that goes to the turbo can't drain back to the oil pan and will spill into the turbine and compressor housings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts