Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I just recently bought a aftermarket Chinese radio head unit and back up camera in my 2012 kia optima ex . It did not come with infinity system . The sound system was awful so I installed 4 rockford fosgate prime 6.75 speakers in the doors no problem along with the head unit . The issue I ran into was with the back up camera and the wiring , the directions stated the red power to 12 v power and I watched a dozen videos and read forums basically every video stated a different color wire when hooking the back up cam to the head unit and same for reverse bulb wire . The first time I hooked the red power line where to the red wire from the head unit this was not correct it caused the car to go into limp mode and put the shift lock into place. I did not realize the wireing of the back up camera could cause this issue . I used my key to take out of park but none of the lights on the shifter were coming up and it was popping in and out of gear and also would only drive forward in trip tron mode not automatic drive after driving 20 feet down the street and the car just running all sorts of wrong I pulled it back in when shifting from reverse to drive the car gears jumped like the front of the car almost pulled off the ground . I knew it had to be something to do with the wireing as the car was fine before this and i ended up figuring out the correct wire and getting the car out of limp mode and shiftlock , but ever since this happen the car has just not drove like it used to . At first I was getting awful acceleration and the car was dipping to the front left when braked . It has since got better ever time I have drove the vehicle probably 5 times just down the street since this happen to go to the store but the car still is driving weird and popping out of gear when I shift from park to reverse or drive . Does anyone know why this is happening did I mess up the tranny ? Or does the computer need to be restarted I'm kind of pissed I dont understand how a wire in the radio head unit can cause a vehicle to do this I am nervous to contact the dealership because I dont want my warrenty to be dropped because of installing the after market back up cam and speakers especially since its through JD byryder. Anyone have suggestions?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts