Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Kia optima and the clear coat is peeling from all outside car handles! I take very good care of my car, never use any harsh chemical to clean the car. I noticed about a month ago that the clear coats was flaking on the passenger side of my car (the door handle) and not before long all of them are doing the same, the paint on the body of the car is fine. I understand wear and tear on stuff but I'm so angry about this. My car has just gotten up to 38,000 miles being 9 years old! I called the dealership and no and they claim there hasn't been any issues or recalls about this. Has anybody experienced this? I'm starting to dislike my car because of this and it just makes it look plain ugly.I don't want to pay a arm & leg getting the handles replaced or painted. Can anyone offer any other options??

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
When I had my K5 I replaced all the handle covers to black on my white car, another cheap alternative is to get it wrap professionally or just buy a set of carbon fiber door cover and put it on top the existing one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I had my K5 I replaced all the handle covers to black on my white car, another cheap alternative is to get it wrap professionally or just buy a set of carbon fiber door cover and put it on top the existing one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
where would I purchase the door covers for the handles?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts