Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well lets see.
1) I called the dealer and he said the battery + installation will run me $525 - $550 in that neighborhood
2) I followed the online guidance of Pep Boys to enter my car, make model and trim and after receiving their recommendation, I set an appointment time with Pep Boys. The local store called me the next day to report that they have no batteries anywhere that fit and I should go to the dealer and followed up with an appointment cancellation.
3) Going through the same steps with NTB, I confirmed with the local store that they have the battery and it will fit the hybrid. You guessed it, 35 minutes into my appointment time, they started to replace the battery,. They fooled around for a few minutes and came back to report that their company recommended "compatible" battery doesn't fit because the cables are too short and the posts are in the opposite. position of the cables. Thats an hour of my life I won't get back.

Eight years is a fair run for an OEM battery, but there is just much mystery surrounding this battery.
1) I cannot find the group size in their handbooks.
2) the web sites point to 124H as the size
3) my battery's label has a group size of 113RC.

Can some one please tell me what aftermarket size battery to order or repair center that has replaced 12v batteries in your Optima hybrid.

thank you.
p.s.. Due to previous illness I am at very high risk for Covid-19. So I simply cannot afford the risks associated with these fishing expedition. So please tell me of your direct experience (good or bad).

p,.s.s. As an aside, sometimes a website will ask for the VIN number rather than the car make, model and trim. I know one can deduce make, model, and trim from the VIN number.. But are they giving this alternative method because they know two cars of the same make, model, and trim might specify two different battery group sizes? Or are they simply showing off the power of the software to deduce make, model and trim and year, from the VIN?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,398 Posts

1 - 2 of 2 Posts