Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes running perfect tthen BAM!!!! Can't afford to just send to scrap yard.. looks to nice in and out. well was trying to see where all the oil came from and behind engine I see this.. big enough to almost put fist in it.. Synthetic maintained engine since new.. But yes 172k... but still no reason for this. KIA says the unlimited mileage Theta2 engine recall for debris causing oil flow issues ending in catastrophic failure... does NOT apply to hybrids.. but oh well. want to do it myself... cheapest I can get is around 2k for engine and around 2 k to get it installed from independent. frankly I would love to try to do it myself (with maybe a cheaper used engine). I appreciate any help pointing to anything that could help me do it myself.. online manual? DIY guide, video or just advice from someone who has done it. I saw a couple great videos on changing the trans (Was the hyndai version.. but close) and was going to tackle it(Assumed it was the tranny blowing up before I saw hole in engine). He also has a video on replacing the 2.4 engine but NOT in a hybrid. I assume procedure is similar.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,604 Posts
I've removed sub-frame/engines before, not Hyundai/Kia, not difficult as long as you have tools, proper equipment, a lot of time, and hopefully you don't need the car for daily use.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts