Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima Ex T-GDI
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start off by saying I am a complete idiot and this whole problem is of my own doing. I made the mistake of not double checking that I had removed the negative battery terminal before messing around with an electrical connector.

So I was removing the 8-pin connector from the driver side power folding mirrors with a razor blade. I didnt have any of my terminal tools with me to depin the connector so I was trying to keep the terminals intact so I could easily put them into a new connector. Well, things didn't work out that way and I ended up getting some sparks from hitting the terminal in the connector and now..... it's all bad.

So, the power door locks dont work, the car won't start, trunk button in the door doesnt work, interior lights dont work.

The trunk interior light works, so that's a positive....but I screwed this up pretty bad.

My question is anyone experienced this before? What should I be checking first?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,770 Posts
As you have some working, I'd start with the fuse box under the hood.
Take a look at the B+3, small 50A fuse, just guessing. Pull fuse and check. If good, check the 150 amp fuse and if power through, start checking others.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima Ex T-GDI
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As you have some working, I'd start with the fuse box under the hood.
Take a look at the B+3, small 50A fuse, just guessing. Pull fuse and check. If good, check the 150 amp fuse and if power through, start checking others.
Will start with that when the sun comes up shortly.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima Ex T-GDI
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In case anyone in the future has this problem, the solution was the 10a fuse that is in the yellow plastic clip. I believe the name of the fuse was Room or something like that. I will post a picture showing what fuse I'm referring to.

·
Premium Member
4,438 Posts
In case anyone in the future has this problem, the solution was the 10a fuse that is in the yellow plastic clip. I believe the name of the fuse was Room or something like that. I will post a picture showing what fuse I'm referring to. View attachment 248138
Yep, most of the issue can be resolved by checking this infamous yellow fuse . Throughout the years this fuse seems to do the trick and glad it worked out for your as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2012 Kia Optima SX-T
1,458 Posts
Some smart engineer protected the circuit with the simple replaceable fuse. Kudos!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts