Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any run new speaker wire through front door boot ? I'm having a **** of a time trying to figure out how to do it I'm running 14 gauge ofc wire and I pop up the clip and pull out the boot but how do you get wire through the connector ? Should I drill through or is there a way I can get through without having to drill? I had no problem with the rear but these new cars are a pain with these pin connectors . I have a full Rockford fosgate set up since the non infinity system was terrible I have 4 6.75 Rockford Punch's front and rear doors 3.5 in Rockford punch for the dash 1 inch Rockford tweeters I installed in the top of door panel and Rockford fosgate p300-12 powered subwoofer also 4 channel Rockford R300-4 to power doors and a 2 channel Rockford P2002 to power highs sound deadened the whole car and ran all ofc wire installed a capacitor and 3 away electronic crossover now looking to get a Dsp . Also have a upgraded head unit its a Android Atoto A6 pro . I'm not happy enough with my sound quality I'm either going to upgrade from speakers to t1 power components or get a dsp not sure which I should do or would benefit from most right now I have all coaxial speakers . But my main problem is running new wire through front door I'm getting my signal from factory wire behind head unit for front speakers right now

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Wish I could help, but free bump for someone who can...

Reactions: Mikey23691

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks that molex plug is blocking me completely there is like 30 wires pinned in it I took it off and ran wire under the molex but now can't get the molex plug back in so looks like I have to take the door off just to run new speaker wire FML.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Can you drill a new hole for the wires and use a grommet sealed with silicone?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I'm thinking about doing may be the only way I'm very surprised no one else has ran into this issue . There is no room on the molex plug to fit 14 awg wire through . I'm thinking only way is to remove door and drill . I upgraded the fronts to Rockford fosgate PPS4-6 6.5 inch speakers 100watt RMS . Since it's 100rms I really need larger wire gauge then the factory wire . If anyone has successfully done this any advice would help a lot!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I'm thinking about doing may be the only way I'm very surprised no one else has ran into this issue . There is no room on the molex plug to fit 14 awg wire through . I'm thinking only way is to remove door and drill . I upgraded the fronts to Rockford fosgate PPS4-6 6.5 inch speakers 100watt RMS . Since it's 100rms I really need larger wire gauge then the factory wire . If anyone has successfully done this any advice would help a lot! View attachment 248796

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I managed to pop out a smaller grommet underneath the molex plug that went straight in to where the top of emergency brake is and I drilled a hole in the grommet will post pictures later on . The passenger side I have to take door completely off since I took apart molex plug and can't get it back in just not enough space to get my hands on there the interior side of plug fell into the hole so that will be my day today will post pictures of full setup and how I did everything incase anyone else runs into this problem.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Glad you figured out a solution...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Was a pain in the a** but its done now on the finished wireing on my amp rack I stupidly didn't use ofc wire the first time so now I am upgrading to all knukonceptz ofc wire and upgrading things hadn't done this since I was in highschool and the technology has changed just a bit in 15 years so been a learning experience constantly going back and making adjustments and things better as I learn more and do more .

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Can't see a grommet in that pic...or sealant or something.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ya that was just a picture I tried to take qirh one hand while holding my door with one hand in the air that was awful but ita been successful no issues since

1 - 12 of 12 Posts