Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed that my fog lights were out, and I wasn't getting the dash icon either. I replaced the bulbs, one was burnt out the other looked good. Turned on the car and switched them on, nothing no fog lights. I thought that maybe a fuse was blown, checked the owners manual and couldn't find one specifically for the front fog lights. Then that evening I pulled up in front of a store front, and had my right blinker on, and saw the fog lights were on in the reflection of the storefront window. I turn the blinker off, and my fog lights also turned off. Has anyone else had this same issue. If so how was it fixed?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
4,217 Posts
With all lights on take the headlight stalk at the base and move it around, don't break it off, just a little force to move it up, down, in, out and see if fogs light for an instant. If so, replace stalk, @ $100 part, $100 labor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just noticed that my fog lights were out, and I wasn't getting the dash icon either. I replaced the bulbs, one was burnt out the other looked good. Turned on the car and switched them on, nothing no fog lights. I thought that maybe a fuse was blown, checked the owners manual and couldn't find one specifically for the front fog lights. Then that evening I pulled up in front of a store front, and had my right blinker on, and saw the fog lights were on in the reflection of the storefront window. I turn the blinker off, and my fog lights also turned off. Has anyone else had this same issue. If so how was it fixed?
With all lights on take the headlight stalk at the base and move it around, don't break it off, just a little force to move it up, down, in, out and see if fogs light for an instant. If so, replace stalk, @ $100 part, $100 labor.
Hey

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Turbonut, thanks for the info, it looks like your right about the connection in the stalk. In your opinion Is this something an amateur can attempt to fix, or is better left to the professionals at the dealership?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.