Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went on a long drive today, car drove find. On my way home there was an accident so I sat in traffic for about 20mins at a incline 0 mph. Traffic cleared up, I started driving I noticed the car lack power to accelerate going up hills, slammed the gas pedal car could barely stay at 60mph. On a level field car still lacked power I noticed the rpms would be in the low 2000s going about 70-80mph. Before this the car was powerful I would accelerate and the car would haul ass up hill and on level ground. Only had the car for about 2 months, has around 75,000 miles.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima
140 Posts
Went on a long drive today, car drove find. On my way home there was an accident so I sat in traffic for about 20mins at a incline 0 mph. Traffic cleared up, I started driving I noticed the car lack power to accelerate going up hills, slammed the gas pedal car could barely stay at 60mph. On a level field car still lacked power I noticed the rpms would be in the low 2000s going about 70-80mph. Before this the car was powerful I would accelerate and the car would haul ass up hill and on level ground. Only had the car for about 2 months, has around 75,000 miles.
Sounds like your wastegate is out of adjustment. There are many threads on here for setting it within the proper voltage. Same thing happened to mine although mine was under warranty at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like your wastegate is out of adjustment. There are many threads on here for setting it within the proper voltage. Same thing happened to mine although mine was under warranty at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ll give that a try. Thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts