Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 20 of 315 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys im installing a keyless entry/remote start system in my car tomorrow system i will be install is a python 1401 with evo-all module i'll let you guys know how it goes. are cars are alittle pain in the butt beacuse they combine the B.C.M and S.J.B and Smart key module all together so doubt that u will be able to use the factory remote after remote starting. one thing i did notice is that u can use the factory remote to remote start it but can't use the factory remote to turn if off after u remote start it with the facoty remote beacuse the remotes will be disable after remote start. but u can use the key in the door handle get in and drive away ofcourse if you step on the brake before hitting the push start button first the car will shut off. yesterday i was trying out the range on the factory remote and it has pretty good range in an open parking lot but ofcourse when your in the city signal will get affected. cross your fingers and wish me luck :)

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
good luck man! really wish Kia had integrated the remote start. the 2011 Ford edge limited I have has a smart key with remote start. I was really hopping for the same but o well.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey guys got done the remote start sorry it took so long had other things going at once the car is able to remote start with after market remote and I know you guys want to hear this I also made it so u only news the factory remote to remote start and drive away. So yes you can use the factory remote instead of carrying around 2 remote I will up load pictures and video tomorrow

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Hey guys got done the remote start sorry it took so long had other things going at once the car is able to remote start with after market remote and I know you guys want to hear this I also made it so u only news the factory remote to remote start and drive away. So yes you can use the factory remote instead of carrying around 2 remote I will up load pictures and video tomorrow
good to hear! please post details on how you were able to get the factory FOB to remote start! :)

·
Registered
1,137 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I'm in love! this would complete my hybrid to the fullest!

In the area, I'd pay too!!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I want the remote start with the smartphone app like Chevy has. Maybe someday.
Have been tpld the viper pss3000 with a dball module will work with the car. Car toys wants 427 to install it and best buy wants 470. Just leary of putting it on the vehicle but here in Texas all of our vehicles have always had remote start so something will go on soon.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the distance was pretty good using the factory remote in a parking lot i was about 10 or 12 cars away and i still had full control if range if the problem i still have the after market remote. ofcourse range depends on where u are building and car garages and so on but are factory remote have pretty good range to start it from the house. im going to see whats the limits on it but im not too worried about range beacuse by the time u get to your car from walking across the parking lot it will be nice and ready for you

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
and the smart start from dei is good but i don't see paying every year so i can start my car from the phone. to me it's not worth it. how many times are you going to start it with your phone. i will only use it to start it when and if my car sleeps outside the garage and on hot summer days when we go out :)

·
Registered
2011 SX (Satin Metal)
32 Posts
Have been tpld the viper pss3000 with a dball module will work with the car. Car toys wants 427 to install it and best buy wants 470. Just leary of putting it on the vehicle but here in Texas all of our vehicles have always had remote start so something will go on soon.

Wow, thats some cash! I got a remote start installed in my Avalon back in "95" for 150 bucks!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Wow, thats some cash! I got a remote start installed in my Avalon back in "95" for 150 bucks!
Thats what we did for our mazda 6 in 2008 but we don't want an extra remote and we want the distance that the phone can give us. My wife works in an office and the daycare is in the same building so I want the car cooled off when she comes out. Can get the remote start for 199 plus 50 for the module but then need it installed. Don't want to void our 100k warranty that we got. Any ideas will be much appreciated.:)

·
10/2012 + 11/2013 ROTM
2011 2.4L
4,445 Posts
Thats what we did for our mazda 6 in 2008 but we don't want an extra remote and we want the distance that the phone can give us. My wife works in an office and the daycare is in the same building so I want the car cooled off when she comes out. Can get the remote start for 199 plus 50 for the module but then need it installed. Don't want to void our 100k warranty that we got. Any ideas will be much appreciated.:)
there is a aftermarket one that you can control with your phone?!?!?!?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
there is a aftermarket one that you can control with your phone?!?!?!?
Viper has one, not me the company :p

I've been looking for a company or someone here to do it, cheapest i can find is 500+tax... Yuk

1 - 20 of 315 Posts