Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 kia Optima that cranks over but wont start. I first started off by making sure it had gas because it had been sitting for a while. I then make sure the gas was pumping to injectors by loosening a hose a quickly put the key on and off position. I then checked the spark plugs and they were a little dirty so I cleaned them and still no spark. Can some please 馃檹 help me out and try and point me in the right direction. Thank you all

Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
old/bad gas?

Did you check that you are producing a spark? Looking at the plugs is not enough, you need to verify there is a spark being generated, and if not, can figure that out specifically.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I put fresh gas in the tank and was wondering how would I check to see if there was spark? Thanks for replying

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
old/bad gas?

Did you check that you are producing a spark? Looking at the plugs is not enough, you need to verify there is a spark being generated, and if not, can figure that out specifically.
I put fresh gas in but not familiar with how to check if theres spark. How would I check that? Thanks for replying and your help

Registered
2011 Kia Optima
I'd remove the fuel pump fuse, remove the plug and lay it on metal to see if spark when the engine cranked over.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts