Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2020 Audi R8 V10+ & Tesla Model X P100D
28,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)

Working with

To introduce to you the 2011-2020 Kia Optima &
2011-2018 Hyundai Sonata K&N Typhoon Intake System.

Built for performance and show, the 69 Series Typhoon™ Air Intake System is a free-flowing mandrel-bent
aluminum tube induction system designed to fit many sport compact performance vehicles.

K&N intake systems replace your vehicle's restrictive factory air filter and air intake housing.

These intakes are designed to dramatically reduce intake restriction resulting in additional power and torque.

Comes with a Million Mile Limited Warranty and are guaranteed to increase horsepower.

Up to 12 HP and 9 ft.lbs TQ Gain.

Now available for the 2.4L & 2.0 Turbo Motors!

(BUY NOW)

(This product is now legal for sale and use in California)

Vehicle Applications:

2011-2015 Kia Optima (All trims)
2016 Kia Optima (Hybrid Only)
2016-2020 Kia Optima (2.4L Only)**
2011-2014 Hyundai Sonata (All trims)
2015-2019 Hyundai Sonata (2.4L Only)**
Not compatible on hybrid Optima models
**For the 16-20 Kia Optima & 15-19 Hyundai Sonata, only 3 of the 4 supplied bolts are used to mount the intake system

THANKS FOR LOOKING!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
**** you David! ;). This one will have to wait until after the holidays (I think).

-stoli-
I know I know, at it again! LOL... Let me know!!

No love for the LX/EX owners :cry:
:sadbanana:
Sorry guys! At this time K&N doesn't make these for the 2.4 LX/EX cars. :(

I can get you guys the Injen setup if you'd like. Or is there anything else you guys would like to see? Let me know and I'll make it happen!

Sigh... I want but :2cents:
Hurry up and sell that darn UNAVI unit!!! :poke:

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
"Some Typhoon Air Intakes are not legal for use in California and other states adopting California emission standards while others are CARB exempt and 50 state legal."

Leave it to Cali and the EPA to make a device that makes a car run more efficient "illegal." Pfft! Cold, clean air does not create negative emissions for a car. Complete idiots!!

Air Intake Systems FAQs, What does an air intake system do?

On a different note.... very cool that you're offering these now, David! :)

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"Some Typhoon Air Intakes are not legal for use in California and other states adopting California emission standards while others are CARB exempt and 50 state legal."

Leave it to Cali and the EPA to make a device that makes a car run more efficient "illegal." Pfft! Cold, clean air does not create negative emissions for a car. Complete idiots!!

Air Intake Systems FAQs, What does an air intake system do?

On a different note.... very cool that you're offering these now, David! :)
Yes I agree it sucks the emissions laws in California are horrible. Modifying any OEM exhaust on an automobile is illegal in California, technically. :thumbsdown:

LX/EX rear diffusers ehem ehem lol
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I also hope to see some of that stuff soon for you guys too.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
173 Posts
Do you know of any reason why this wouldn't fit a 2014? I will definitely jump on this. I don;t know how I missed this thread in the first place.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do you know of any reason why this wouldn't fit a 2014? I will definitely jump on this. I don;t know how I missed this thread in the first place.
I do not, however I would like to double check to make sure. Please send me an email with your information and I will check with my supplier. [email protected]

·
05/2014 ROTM
648 Posts
hey guys I have the k&n air intake system installed in my car and all I can say is wowwwww you can hear the air sucking in sounds like a jet engine I love it....heres a picsture of it installed on my optima sx....I will try to make a video and post on here for the sound...you will defiantly not be disappointed!!!!

·
05/2014 ROTM
648 Posts
btw installation was not to bad took about 2 hours because I couldn't figure out how to take the clip off the turbo inlet hose lol the dealer spun the ring around and I couldn't access the little socket style nut. but after a couple beers I calmed down and got it all together

1 - 20 of 59 Posts