Santa Fe/350z
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Is excited to bring to the Optima community, the:

2011-2020 Kia Optima Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel

(BUY NOW)

Description:
This is a fully customized genuine Kia Optima OEM steering wheel
Your OEM wheel controls and components transfer from your wheel, to the new wheel
The product we are selling does not include the steering wheel controls or airbag
These steering wheels are made with real carbon fiber and perforated leather

Additional Information:
This product is in stock in our Los Angeles, CA Store location.
No waiting 4-6 weeks for your order to be shipped out.
We offer FREE SAME DAY SHIPPING on these.

Vehicle Applications:
2011-2020 Kia Optima (All models)

THANK YOU FOR LOOKING!

· Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
29,214 Posts
Order placed! Can't wait to get this thing installed. Thanks for all the help David!
Thank you very much for placing your order with us John. We really appreciate your business and are happy that you will be one of the first optima owners anywhere in the country with this carbon fiber steering wheel installed. Please do post of lots of pictures once you have it installed on your vehicle.

· 01/2015 ROTM, 05/2015 ROTM
2013 Optima 2013 SXL
1,147 Posts
We got your order shipped out on Monday, you will be one of the 1st Optima owners in the world with this wheel installed, so please do post up lots and lots of pics for everyone to check out!! :grin: :cool:
Maybe the second ! ;):D Have to say, the workmanship and quality on this is flawless!...and I am super picky.

· Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
29,214 Posts
Are you stocking multiple combos and colors? i.e. leather and suede or just leather? what color stitching? I'd be looking at leather w/red stitching w/no center top line for the 2015.
Negative, as that is EXACTLY what was causing all of the issues and massive extended delays.

Offering too many options caused a ton of problems, so now we are bringing it back to the basics.

This forum post, and our website have also been updated to reflect this as well.

Luckily for you, the default standard option is EXACTLY what you are looking for.

2015 Kia Optima Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel
Red stitching
No center line
Leather material

(IN STOCK AND READY TO SHIP OUT)

:cool:

· Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,575 Posts
I love mine! :) Cant recommend it enough.

· Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
29,214 Posts
I love mine! :) Cant recommend it enough.

Wow, love the red accents on the controls, looks great!

Somebody has to have a pic of the 2014-15 wheel.
Sure, ask and you shall receive, although not the best shots.

I really like that the carbon layer makes the steering wheel thicker. That really improves the look.
I agree, it also makes it that much nicer to grip when driving more aggressively.

· Vendor
Santa Fe/350z
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeesh. I would take that wheel to the prom. hah. Are people installing this themselves? I was told Kia has a special tool to remove the airbag without issues. True/false?
Haha I know right, it really is sexy!!

This is something that is SUPER easy to install, and I mean extremely easy.

I have no experience with doing this, and I did it on my own on my car in my driveway in about 25 minutes.

The air bag module is held in place with 3 spring loaded pins. Holes to push in and release these pins are located on the back side of the steering wheel itself.

There is a hole/pin on each side of the wheel, and one on the bottom as well.

Insert a small straight pick tool into these holes and push in the retaining pins.

The airbag will gently spring outward upon the release of each pin.

Once you have removed the air bag and disconnected the plug to it, you will see there is just (1) nut that secures the steering wheel. Using a 22mm socket and ratchet, loosen the nut that secures the wheel, and it's off.

Then swap out the steering wheel controls from your old wheel to the new wheel, and repeat the same steps in the reverse order, and you are good to go!

· Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
29,214 Posts
How do the controls attach? Screws? Snap on? Did you disconnect the battery or just the horn fuse?
What do you mean? They attach the exact same way as the wheel you have now.

This is an original OEM KIA wheel, so everything that gets removed from your wheel you have now, gets put back on the exact same way.

ZERO modification necessary.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts