700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Is proud to introduce the:

2011-2020 Kia Optima AEM Air Intake System

(BUY NOW)

Description:
Manufactured & assembled in the USA
50-state legal or pending carb certification
Inlet constructed of lightweight aircraft aluminum & mandrel bent for maximum flow
AEM’s lifetime DRYFLOW Synthetic air filter is 99.4% efficient, & never needs filter oil!
Comprehensive installation instructions, decals & license plate frame included

Guaranteed for life

Vehicle Applications:
2016-2020 Kia Optima (2.0T Only)

2015-2019 Hyundai Sonata (2.0T Only)

THANK YOU FOR LOOKING!

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
8 Posts
This is a fairly easy install. I installed it in about 20 minutes. I'm not even a mechanic. I am just learning how to do basic things. Once I installed this, it really unleashed the sound of the turbo and BOV. Nice product, fast shipping, great customer service. This is the best package you could ask for.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
29,012 Posts
This is a fairly easy install. I installed it in about 20 minutes. I'm not even a mechanic. I am just learning how to do basic things. Once I installed this, it really unleashed the sound of the turbo and BOV. Nice product, fast shipping, great customer service. This is the best package you could ask for.
Glad to hear the install went pretty smooth & thank you for the shoutout here about your purchase. We look forward to working with you again in the future.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
565 Posts
A few questions:

What is the anticipated power output/noise level for this kit?

I have a 2013 Optima 2.4L NA engine, so I would need the straight pipe and panel filter setup. The only difference between this and the stock setup appears to be a straighter/smoother pipe, and the deletion of a resonation chamber.

The K&N Kit for my car states a horsepower gain of approx. 8, and I currently have that installed, along with the throttle body spacer.

Can this kit be used in tandem with the spacer as well?

While the K&N kit provides significant power, especially at low revs, it is MUCH louder than I'm used to.

Is there a way to make the kit quieter, yet keep the power gains?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
29,012 Posts
A few questions:

What is the anticipated power output/noise level for this kit?
I'm sorry but we do not have an exact figure on power gains or noise output for this setup, you may be able to contact AEM directly for this info though.

I have a 2013 Optima 2.4L NA engine, so I would need the straight pipe and panel filter setup. The only difference between this and the stock setup appears to be a straighter/smoother pipe, and the deletion of a resonation chamber.
Well, no. The larger diameter piping, and the AEM dry filter will have much better airflow than the stock paper filter.

The K&N Kit for my car states a horsepower gain of approx. 8, and I currently have that installed, along with the throttle body spacer.

Can this kit be used in tandem with the spacer as well?
Yes it can be, don't see why it would be an issue to use them both.

While the K&N kit provides significant power, especially at low revs, it is MUCH louder than I'm used to.

Is there a way to make the kit quieter, yet keep the power gains?
With any aftermarket intake, you're going to hear the sound of it sucking in the air under throttle, not sure if there is anyway around that.
Sure I have answered your questions above in red!

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
10 Posts
Hey guys! Just ordered my intake yesterday for my 2016 Kia Optima SX! Super hyped for it! Shout out to David from the K5 Optima Store for all the help recently!! I will be posting pics of it once I have it installed ?

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to you all!

Ride safe gents!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
29,012 Posts
Hey guys! Just ordered my intake yesterday for my 2016 Kia Optima SX! Super hyped for it! Shout out to David from the K5 Optima Store for all the help recently!! I will be posting pics of it once I have it installed ?

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to you all!

Ride safe gents!
Awesome, thank you for placing your order with us on the site.

Thank you for the shoutout as well! :)

We got it shipped out for you on Monday, so please post up a review of the intake once you have a chance to install it. :thumbsup:

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
29,012 Posts

·
Registered
Optima
4 Posts
So as a general rule, how long does it take for other than OEM parts manufacturers to start producing aftermarket parts for cars? I have a 2017 Optima with the 2.4L and am looking forward to doing some mods when parts become available. How much difference engine wise are the 2015, 2016 and 2017 models? I know appearance differences but I'm not super big on making the outside look too crazy.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
29,012 Posts
So as a general rule, how long does it take for other than OEM parts manufacturers to start producing aftermarket parts for cars? I have a 2017 Optima with the 2.4L and am looking forward to doing some mods when parts become available. How much difference engine wise are the 2015, 2016 and 2017 models? I know appearance differences but I'm not super big on making the outside look too crazy.
It usually depends on the model and it's popularity. However, there already is an intake system available as well as a few other performance mods for the 2017 Kia Optima 2.4L.

If you are looking for an intake system for your 17 2.4L model, you can find it on our site here: K&N Typhoon Intake System - K5 Optima Store

The 2011-2015 Kia Optima engines are the same, and the 2016-2018 Kia Optima engines are the same.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
29,012 Posts
Are you ready for that next mod? We have the intake for your new Optima!

We have been selling quite a few of these lately to new 2016-2020 Optima owners.

(BUY NOW)

If you have any questions about this intake, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

We offer competitive pricing & free shipping anywhere in the continental United States.

[email protected]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts