Kia Optima Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,772 Posts
Great way to make a difference in the interior! These are fairly easy to install also just make sure that you turn off the switch, for me, I took out the fuse which is located in the obd2 port panel and just slid it out enough to turn it off. Then whenever I needed to test it I just pushed it in and out. If you don't know what it is it's the yellow puzzle piece connected to two fuses at the bottom real easy to spot. I also used a flat head to pop off the panels and make sure that you look for the tabs on the panel so you know where to press in and push out. Note also, without a crowbar-like tool you'll make some dents in the plastic but it's so soft you can rub it with something smooth to smooth it out. Lookswise I went the other direction and got red and I love it! Makes my car a little more mysterious and goes well with my spicy red color also. I'd advise getting a led lamp just in case you lose something though lol. Picture sucks sorry but you can't see it during the day and only at night but if you use flash it takes it away. Enjoy and purchase these! Thanks David!
Owen thank you for this outstanding review of the interior LED kit. Sounds like you're really enjoying the new lighting. Any other pics by chance though? The one you posted was a bit blurry haha. :poke:

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
53 Posts
Order placed right over the phone! David personally helped me out to take the order. I told him my bday is tomorrow and I wanted to purchase these as a bday present to mysef and he went ahead and gave me 20% off the whole kit! David's customer service is always top notch and that's why I keep coming back for more stuff! David, if you're reading this just know that this is definitely a love hate relationship haha! My K5 loves ya but my bank account hates ya haha but thanks for what you do for all of us on these forums man! It's much appreciated brother!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,772 Posts
Order placed right over the phone! David personally helped me out to take the order. I told him my bday is tomorrow and I wanted to purchase these as a bday present to mysef and he went ahead and gave me 20% off the whole kit! David's customer service is always top notch and that's why I keep coming back for more stuff! David, if you're reading this just know that this is definitely a love hate relationship haha! My K5 loves ya but my bank account hates ya haha but thanks for what you do for all of us on these forums man! It's much appreciated brother!
Thank you very much for your order with us! I really appreciate the kind words as well. You're very welcome and I look forward to working with you many more times in the future. When you get a chance, post up a pic or two of your new lights installed. ;)

·
Registered
2012 Kia 2012 KIA optima sx turbocharged
241 Posts
Just a couple of pictures of my interior LED lighting upgrade from the k5 store. I have to say this makes the car look and feel completely different. My wife was absolutely amazed when we walked up to my car and the the lights came on. She said omg what a difference. People at work are asking me what I did. I'll post better pictures when I can

Attachments

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,772 Posts
Just a couple of pictures of my interior LED lighting upgrade from the k5 store. I have to say this makes the car look and feel completely different. My wife was absolutely amazed when we walked up to my car and the the lights came on. She said omg what a difference. People at work are asking me what I did. I'll post better pictures when I can
Wow that looks very very good! What a difference it makes just changing small little bulbs from the original ones to LED.

Thank you again for posting up pictures for others to see, happy to hear your wife is amazed as well. We definitely appreciate your business.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,772 Posts
Any chance of a stock/ white/ red / blue single post comparison?
Are you asking for us to compare what the stock bulbs look like against all 3 colors we offer?

That is not really possible as we do not have an Optima and any other customer would have needed to order (3) different colors to do that.

White is pure white and much brighter then the stock color. The red and blue will be red and blue in color.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
35 Posts
Just ordered my stage 2 interior kit with the glove box and trunk light this morning! Cant wait to get them installed and post some pictures up! Thank you so much @David and the K5Optima Store!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,772 Posts
Just ordered my stage 2 interior kit with the glove box and trunk light this morning! Cant wait to get them installed and post some pictures up! Thank you so much @David and the K5Optima Store!
Thank you for placing your order with us! Looking forward to seeing pics of everything installed.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
35 Posts
So following the video on Youtube helped with installing the interior lights, but I figured I'd put a walk thru on how to install the reverse lights as that involved a little more work to do it properly. I will email the how-to to David and allow him to post it to his site. In the meantime here are a few pics installed on my SXL. (I know she's a bit dirty, I had just got back from out of town.) Other Competitor License Plate LED Comparison – (Left from Sylvania, Right From the K5OS)

IMAG0229.jpg IMAG0230.jpg IMAG0222.jpg

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,772 Posts
So following the video on Youtube helped with installing the interior lights, but I figured I'd put a walk thru on how to install the reverse lights as that involved a little more work to do it properly. I will email the how-to to David and allow him to post it to his site. In the meantime here are a few pics installed on my SXL. (I know she's a bit dirty, I had just got back from out of town.) Other Competitor License Plate LED Comparison – (Left from Sylvania, Right From the K5OS)

View attachment 202890 View attachment 202898 View attachment 202906
Thank you for your order with us! Look forward to seeing the completed DIY on this. :thumbsup:

21 - 32 of 32 Posts