Kia Optima Forums banner
81 - 100 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Awesome. Does this take care of the Android functions for switching songs when listening through Bluetooth? Also are the map upgrades free?

With the stock unit , I cant change songs with the steering wheel or the deck. 2011 SX NON-UVO

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Remember, I said top-tier units. Not the middle of the road ones. Kenwood's, Pioneer's, and Alpine's top tier units run about 1400 at Sonic. Alpine has one for $2500 and $1600!

And anyone doing an install for $100 is doing a SHI^TTY job. No way would I ever consider doing an in dash Nav, steering adapter, mic running for bluetooth, backup cam, etc. install for $100. That is like southside throw it in the car in an hour pricing. I wouldn't trust anyone quoting less than $250 for a proper install with soldering, wire runnng, looming, etc.

Anyway, like I said... there are upsides and downsides to going Unavi vs. aftermarket but price is definitely very comparable and sometimes even cheaper with Unavi.
This is dead on and very well put. Thank you for sharing this!

Awesome. Does this take care of the Android functions for switching songs when listening through Bluetooth? Also are the map upgrades free?

With the stock unit , I cant change songs with the steering wheel or the deck. 2011 SX NON-UVO
This unit is utilizing your factory stereo unit. Please shoot us an email for detailed information.

[email protected]

·
Vendor
2012 Kia Optima
1,804 Posts
Just ordered mine. So excited to get this and install it. My EX was pretty basic as far as package, except for the turbo, and have been wanting this UNAVI for a long time now. Can't wait to get rid of that so basic radio. And this will be in my car before the meet in July which is even better.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Let me know how it goes. I am on edge if I should buy it or not. Its super annoying having to change songs on my phone but I can live with it if the unit is still awesome.

Just ordered mine. So excited to get this and install it. My EX was pretty basic as far as package, except for the turbo, and have been wanting this UNAVI for a long time now. Can't wait to get rid of that so basic radio. And this will be in my car before the meet in July which is even better.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Would this be a hard install to-do yourself?
No this unit is not difficult to install by yourself, but that really depends on your level of experience. Checkout the PDF on the site under the DIY links Section. There are detailed pics and instructions that will give you a better idea of whether or not you could manage the install.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
I ordered mine last Tuesday.I am hoping it will arrive before the weekend. I think I am the first to opt for the iGo Live Traffic Module. David added it to the site that night for me.Most of the time I think I know where I am going but traffic is very important to me.Hoping to see a box arrive tomorrow.I can’t wait. Oh and I have a 2012 EX.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
I ordered mine last Tuesday.I am hoping it will arrive before the weekend. I think I am the first to opt for the iGo Live Traffic Module. David added it to the site that night for me.Most of the time I think I know where I am going but traffic is very important to me.Hoping to see a box arrive tomorrow.I can’t wait. Oh and I have a 2012 EX.
I think you mean this Tuesday, about 48 hours ago right? :grin:

Also I emailed you, called you, and sent you a PM about your order. However I have not heard back from you. We cannot ship out the unit until you get back to me. :(

So hopefully you'll get one of the messages I left for you, or at least see this response from me here.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Niro PHEV
145 Posts
Hey Dave, so how about ordering to Finland. Would that be an issue? Does this device actually play DVDs or you have to have them on micro SD or something like that?
And is there a preloaded Europe map for example? How map updates go?
thanks

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Hey Dave, so how about ordering to Finland. Would that be an issue? Does this device actually play DVDs or you have to have them on micro SD or something like that?
And is there a preloaded Europe map for example? How map updates go?
thanks
We can definitely ship these to finland. However the navigation is only supported in the US & Canada as far as I know at this time. Also this unit is utilizing your factory stereo. So unless your factory headunit can play DVDs (Not sure if they offer that in Finland on the Optima) than you would only be able to add the movies to the USB thumb drive or external storage device.

When I had the UNAVI installed on my Optima, I had over 30 movies stored on the 64 gig USB thumb drive. You can add many more that too.

As for the available maps and updates, shoot me over an email and I'd be happy to look further into this for you.

[email protected]

·
Registered
2019 Kia Niro PHEV
145 Posts
Yeah, they don't sell headunits able to play DVDs here either, unfortunately. Saw it as an option at a Mitsubishi btw.
Anyway I am currently in planning phase only. Certainly I would like to upgrade to navi at some point but first gotta prepare well for the Finnish winter with an Eberspächer pre-heater, and that takes 2000 tokens from me. Furthermore I would really like to be able to play DVDs with the unit instead of having to transfer them to any other storage device. That would give the freedom of just picking any movie right before going to a trip. I still wait for a while, maybe later some other aftermarket solutions come up too. Until then I will try to decide what led products I would want from your store :).

thanks

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Wow, I have been insanely busy at work this past week. :dizzy: Sorry David for not getting back to you. Totally my fault. Anyway, I just received my UNAVI X5 tonight. Worming up the tools now for a fun weekend. Most of the DIY install has already be covered here and on YouTube, but I will try to get some additional photos of my "iGo Live Traffic Module" install. I’ll keep you posted.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
Yeah, they don't sell headunits able to play DVDs here either, unfortunately. Saw it as an option at a Mitsubishi btw.
Anyway I am currently in planning phase only. Certainly I would like to upgrade to navi at some point but first gotta prepare well for the Finnish winter with an Eberspächer pre-heater, and that takes 2000 tokens from me. Furthermore I would really like to be able to play DVDs with the unit instead of having to transfer them to any other storage device. That would give the freedom of just picking any movie right before going to a trip. I still wait for a while, maybe later some other aftermarket solutions come up too. Until then I will try to decide what led products I would want from your store :).

thanks
No rush, if you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them for you. Also regarding the LEDs, let us know if we can put together a combo package for you. ;)
Wow, I have been insanely busy at work this past week. :dizzy: Sorry David for not getting back to you. Totally my fault. Anyway, I just received my UNAVI X5 tonight. Worming up the tools now for a fun weekend. Most of the DIY install has already be covered here and on YouTube, but I will try to get some additional photos of my "iGo Live Traffic Module" install. I’ll keep you posted.
No problem my friend. Thanks for calling today, I was starting to wonder where you were. :lol:

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
341 Posts
Just placed an order for one. Excited as ****! Going to be my 2nd major mod for the optima :D

David took very great care of me and he really does care! He has earned my business for many future parts that I will buy.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Just placed an order for one. Excited as ****! Going to be my 2nd major mod for the optima :D

David took very great care of me and he really does care! He has earned my business for many future parts that I will buy.
Thank you for your order, and even more thanks for the wonderful feedback. It was a pleasure working with you as well and I look forward to doing future business with you.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
341 Posts
Thank you for your order, and even more thanks for the wonderful feedback. It was a pleasure working with you as well and I look forward to doing future business with you.
Anytime man! Gotta give credit when it's due you know haha! Still awaiting patiently for the awesomeness to arrive at my doorsteps haha :D

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Sorry for double post but just got my tracking number. Friday cannot come any faster!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Anytime man! Gotta give credit when it's due you know haha! Still awaiting patiently for the awesomeness to arrive at my doorsteps haha :D

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Sorry for double post but just got my tracking number. Friday cannot come any faster!
Thank you for the kind words again. You're gonna love the UNAVI X5!

81 - 100 of 131 Posts