Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,185 Posts
2011-2019 Kia Optima UNAVI X5 OEM Integrated Navigation System - K5 Optima Store

is an exclusive dealer working with:

Here to present to the forum, the UNAVI X5 OEM-Integrated Navigation Unit for 2011-2019 Kia Optima.
These new X5 & F1 units are compatible with both UVO & non UVO head units. UNAVI is not compatible with the OEM Navigation unit.
Here are some of the key features of the UNAVI unit:

• INTEGRATE ALL FACTORY FEATURES, CONTROLS AND DISPLAY
• RETAIN FACTORY AUDIO (INCLUDING CD CHANGER & SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO)
• RETAIN FACTORY BLUETOOTH SYSTEM & MICROPHONE
• RETAIN FACTORY AUX/IPOD CONNECTIVITY
• RETAIN FACTORY STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS
• RETAIN
FACTORY BACKUP CAMERA
• A/V INPUT FOR DVD PLAYER OR GAME CONSOLE

• 8” HIGH-RESOLUTION LCD (FULL TOUCHSCREEN CONTROLS)
• BACKUP CAMERA READY FOR MODELS NOT EQUIPPED WITH CAMERA
PRELOADED MAPS OF US & CANADA INCLUDED AT NO EXTRA CHARGE
UNAVI SOFTWARE UPDATES PROVIDED AT NO EXTRA CHARGE
• 3-YEAR ADVANCED EXCHANGE WARRANTY

Manufacturers Advertised Pricing (MAP) on these units are $1,299.00
(Per our agreement with UNAVI, we will not post pricing below (MAP) publicly)
We kindly ask that anyone interested in discounted pricing contact us directly by email at [email protected]

(BUY NOW)

Here are some more technical specs on this new unit:

UNAVI X5 (8-Inch Display)
H/W Display Unit: 8" LCD / 800 x 480 WVGA
CPU: Cortex A8 1GHz OS: Win CE 6.0
MEMORY: DRAM 256MB / 128MB NAND FlashUSB: USB 2.0 Host GPS: SiRF STAR III
Map: iGO Primo (w/ optional Live Traffic)
POWER: DC +12V ~ +24V

SPEAKER: 3W Stereo

UNAVI is an integrated navigation and multi-media management system for your vehicle with an OEM fit and finish.
The UNAVI system retains all of the Optima's factory features and controls, including iPod connectivity, Bluetooth, Satellite Radio and
Steering Wheel Controls.
Available for both UVO & non UVO Optima's.

You've heard, and in fact, may have used an aftermarket "factory integrated" system that claims to integrate with the vehicle's factory
components and features. UNAVI is firmly in a class of it's own. With a class leading in-dash system, factory fitment and OEM integration, these
are just a few of the key features for this new evolution of automotive navigation systems.

Why spend the extra $1,500 - $2,000 for a Navigation Package, or possibly having to upgrade to a higher trim level to even get the
option to add a navigation system? This is where UNAVI comes in with the total solution that you've been looking for.

If you are interested in this product but are not a member here on the forum, please send us an email to [email protected]

THANK YOU FOR LOOKING!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
What's the difference between this and the x2 besides the os and slightly updated processor (less nand memory?) and arguably better navigation software?

How does one update the maps? And the cost? The map info and nav software upgrades are things I always ask.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's the difference between this and the x2 besides the os and slightly updated processor (less nand memory?) and arguably better navigation software?

How does one update the maps? And the cost? The map info and nav software upgrades are things I always ask.
This is an entirely new system that doesn't share anything with the X2 besides the screen size. All of the hardware is brand-new. Also it's not a slightly updated processor but almost twice the speed. It also has twice as much nand memory. Old was 65mb, new is 128mb.

I have this unit installed in my car and it is a completely different beast altogether. Much more fluidized motion and faster software. Also there is no argument, Igo Primo compared to the SpeedNav is a night and day difference. Hands-down much better software with available live traffic and 3 dimensional mapping.

New software updates are sold every three years I believe when the software company issues an update. Any fees would be handled directly through the navigation company.

However software updates for the X5 system are provided at no charge directly from you UNAVI.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Any chance you have a demo up on YouTube? The thing that kept me away from the x2 was the nav software, and I remember using Igo years before and I was pretty happy with them. Not sure what changed. Aside from the nav software, what changed with the core functions?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Grrrrrrr... LOL... does Unavi have a trade in program. lol ;)

I'm sure I'll be calling you about this in the near future David. "You're killing me smalls!"

edit: Any video of the X5 unit up yet? I'd be very interested to see the GUI changes. I am excited about the faster processor and more RAM.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any chance you have a demo up on YouTube? The thing that kept me away from the x2 was the nav software, and I remember using Igo years before and I was pretty happy with them. Not sure what changed. Aside from the nav software, what changed with the core functions?

No I'm sorry I do not have a video up yet. Working three separate jobs has had me slammed lately. However I will get one made very soon.. This new navigation software is night and day difference over the previous one. What exactly do you mean by what changed with the core functions? This is a completely new unit using all new hardware, like processor, memory, control box, connection cables etc. including new UI software and navigation software. As I previously mentioned, the only thing that it's sharing from the previous X2 unit, is the screen and the similarities in the previous UNAVI software.

I'm sure I'll be calling you about this in the near future David. "You're killing me smalls!"

edit: Any video of the X5 unit up yet? I'd be very interested to see the GUI changes. I am excited about the faster processor and more RAM.
I believe they do actually. Send me an email for details.

No video just yet.

How does the optional live traffic work. Do you need a separate unit. Does it pull it from xm? Just wondering.

The live traffic works using a separate module that is an optional purchase when buying the unit. It does not connect using XM. More details will follow regarding this as soon as the live traffic option is available in the next month or so.

·
Premium Member
2012 Kia Optima
1,684 Posts

They definately do have trade ins available =) and obvious David is the hook up lol
And since I know i'm not the only one that thought of this, you can NOT put the X5 software on your X2 unit. They're apparently not compatible so.... please don't try this lol

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey David,

I am having mine installed Tuesday. Anything I should have them do, add or look out for? Also does this unit allow for address input while in drive?

Thanks

·
Registered
468 Posts
As I am running two amps in my current set up can you tell me the audio specs for this unit? I could not find any info on the Unavi site.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They definately do have trade ins available =) and obvious David is the hook up lol
And since I know i'm not the only one that thought of this, you can NOT put the X5 software on your X2 unit. They're apparently not compatible so.... please don't try this lol
Yep Yep this is correct.

Hey David,

I am having mine installed Tuesday. Anything I should have them do, add or look out for? Also does this unit allow for address input while in drive?

Thanks
Nope nothing specific! Just have them follow the PDF that was included with the unit. Yes it does allow input for addresses while the vehicle is in motion. It also allows you to watch videos while the vehicle is in motion. (Although not recommended)

As I am running two amps in my current set up can you tell me the audio specs for this unit? I could not find any info on the Unavi site.
When you say audio specs, what specifically are you referring to? The UNAVI is utilizing the factory head unit so the audio specs as far as output would be identical to the factory headunit.

Aside from the navigation software, I remember the x2 radio functions emulated either the stock lx radio and uvo systems, including skins.
Oh yeah of course it still has the emulation of the non UVO and UVO skins. They have just been redesigned for the newer software.

·
Registered
124 Posts
David, is there any chance you can PM me the price for the system. I actually want to get this depending on the price. LOL, can this fit on an EX that has the regular stereo stock systems?

·
Premium Member
2012 Kia Optima
1,684 Posts
David, is there any chance you can PM me the price for the system. I actually want to get this depending on the price. LOL, can this fit on an EX that has the regular stereo stock systems?
dude definately worth it! I have the X2, i paid similar price and i haven't looked back and regretted it one bit =P I am looking into trading my X2 for X5 though, this looks like it's significantly better setup than the X2.
Also, i have an EX with no packages added, so yes it'll install on your EX and any other models

·
Registered
71 Posts
I am looking forward to getting mine installed. Once or twice a week I travel 2 to 4 hours to an address I have never been to. While my phone works OK this should be a big upgrade.

David gave me a great bundled deal including the backup camera.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
PM sent. Yes these work on all models of Optima. (Not with OEM NAV systems though)

dude definately worth it! I have the X2, i paid similar price and i haven't looked back and regretted it one bit =P I am looking into trading my X2 for X5 though, this looks like it's significantly better setup than the X2.
Also, i have an EX with no packages added, so yes it'll install on your EX and any other models
Thanks brother for the support.

I am looking forward to getting mine installed. Once or twice a week I travel 2 to 4 hours to an address I have never been to. While my phone works OK this should be a big upgrade.

David gave me a great bundled deal including the backup camera.
Thanks for your business. Can't wait to see how you like the new unit.

·
Registered
468 Posts
K5 OPTIMA STORE said:
When you say audio specs, what specifically are you referring to? The UNAVI is utilizing the factory head unit so the audio specs as far as output would be identical to the factory headunit.
I was referring to if it had any RCA pre-outs for connecting my amps. I need a new head unit with the RCA outputs in order to remove my line level converter and improve my sound quality.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I was referring to if it had any RCA pre-outs for connecting my amps. I need a new head unit with the RCA outputs in order to remove my line level converter and improve my sound quality.
No RCA preouts. Get a better line out converter if you like the factory options (factory, Unavi, etc) or even some kind of processor that will output 4-8v preouts off of a high level (speaker line) input. If you however don't like the factory options... then yep go for a straight aftermarket solution. Personally, I really like the Unavi. It has a couple of little foibles... at least the x2 does, but is way better than factory Nav and is integrated nicer than most aftermarket units. A lot less work to install too.

David, just finished our nursery... will get with you soon. Going to shoot you a PM regarding trade in.

·
Registered
468 Posts
No RCA preouts. Get a better line out converter if you like the factory options (factory, Unavi, etc) or even some kind of processor that will output 4-8v preouts off of a high level (speaker line) input. If you however don't like the factory options... then yep go for a straight aftermarket solution. Personally, I really like the Unavi. It has a couple of little foibles... at least the x2 does, but is way better than factory Nav and is integrated nicer than most aftermarket units. A lot less work to install too.

David, just finished our nursery... will get with you soon. Going to shoot you a PM regarding trade in.
Guess you are right. Time to go aftermarket. I am more concerned with sound quality than anything else.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts