Kia Optima Forums banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I've had my k&n intake installed for at least two months now and I am so happy I went with this setup I believe combined with the throttle body spacer in definitely feeling better throttle response and better performance throughout the entire rpm range. Has mileage improved and the sound is so sweet. I'd recommend buying this intake from the K5 store 100%
Thank you for this post, we are happy to hear you are enjoying your intake and appreciate you ordering through us!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Picked me up a K&N C.A.I. Super fast shipping and goes on very easy! If you have the correct tools of course! Thank you k5 Optima store!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Ok just an update on my [email protected] short ram intake from the K5 store. I've had it installed for months now and I'm still impressed with the overall performance and MPG gains. Between this and the throttle body spacer witch I've stated before I'm seeing MPG gone from 26 to 29 MPG. And I haven't even taken a long road trip yet. This is all county highways and city. The sound is absolutely amazing and throttle response. I definitely get a lot of looks when I spool it up and also when the turbo's blow-off valve kicks in lol.

Attachments

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Ok just an update on my [email protected] short ram intake from the K5 store. I've had it installed for months now and I'm still impressed with the overall performance and MPG gains. Between this and the throttle body spacer witch I've stated before I'm seeing MPG gone from 26 to 29 MPG. And I haven't even taken a long road trip yet. This is all county highways and city. The sound is absolutely amazing and throttle response. I definitely get a lot of looks when I spool it up and also when the turbo's blow-off valve kicks in lol.
This is a great follow up review on the product.

Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback for others to see. Also glad to hear you have seen a MPH increase with these 2 performance parts installed. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
850 Posts
Just purchased both this and the throttle body spacer, will install as soon as they arrive.

Wasn't too keen on using an oiled filter, so purchased the AEM DryFlow equivalent:

AEM 21-210EDK DryFlow Air Filter

Can't wait to post what happens after installation!
Nice, be sure to take some pictures.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #49

·
Registered
311 Posts
I Screwed Up...

I got the wrong AEM filter... I was supposed to get

AEM 21-209EDK

Instead, I got the AEM 21-210EDK

Error corrected, proper filter on it's way.

Will post when installed.

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

BTW, technical question:

Is the intake supposed to make the engine THAT loud?

I got the parts from the box installed, and I swear, it's like a low flying plane!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I got the wrong AEM filter... I was supposed to get

AEM 21-209EDK

Instead, I got the AEM 21-210EDK

Error corrected, proper filter on it's way.

Will post when installed.

BTW, technical question:

Is the intake supposed to make the engine THAT loud?

I got the parts from the box installed, and I swear, it's like a low flying plane!
1st View:

View attachment 211506

2nd View:

View attachment 211514

Looks good, sounds good. I'm really glad I got this, and now I have no worries about oil on my intake sensors!
Thank you for your order with us! Glad to see the AEM dry filter works with the intake without any issues.

Looks great too, but yeah the sound is much louder with the intake installed vs without an intake!

Thanks for posting up some pics for others to see as well!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Thank you for your order with us! Glad to see the AEM dry filter works with the intake without any issues.

Looks great too, but yeah the sound is much louder with the intake installed vs without an intake!

Thanks for posting up some pics for others to see as well!
Anytime.

Feel free to use the photos as an example of an alternate setup on your site if you wish.

If you need more, just ask.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #59

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
41 - 60 of 60 Posts