Kia Optima Forums banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
05/2014 ROTM
648 Posts
thank you I love it,,,im working on getting a video for this thread of it but it has rained 4 days in a row

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Do you know of any reason why this wouldn't fit a 2014? I will definitely jump on this. I don;t know how I missed this thread in the first place.
I have confirmed it will fit without any issues.

hey guys I have the k&n air intake system installed in my car and all I can say is wowwwww you can hear the air sucking in sounds like a jet engine I love it....heres a picsture of it installed on my optima sx....I will try to make a video and post on here for the sound...you will defiantly not be disappointed!!!!
Awesome thank you for sharing this pic with us! :thumbsup:

btw installation was not to bad took about 2 hours because I couldn't figure out how to take the clip off the turbo inlet hose lol the dealer spun the ring around and I couldn't access the little socket style nut. but after a couple beers I calmed down and got it all together
Would love to see a video when you have some time and the weather is right!

Is the "introductory price" no longer valid? It lists for more on your site.
No I'm sorry it is no longer valid at that price. However I will honor it for you as I had not updated the thread yet. Send me an email when you're ready and I'll reply with a discount code to purchase.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have confirmed it will fit without any issues.

No I'm sorry it is no longer valid at that price. However I will honor it for you as I had not updated the thread yet. Send me an email when you're ready and I'll reply with a discount code to purchase.
Just ordered the intake. Thanks again for confirming fitment and honoring the intro price for me! Customer service goes a long way.
I will try to get some pics of this on the '14

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Just ordered the intake. Thanks again for confirming fitment and honoring the intro price for me! Customer service goes a long way.
I will try to get some pics of this on the '14
Thank you very much for your order! :thumbsup:

No problem, my pleasure. Thank you for the kind words! That would be great, thanks!

·
05/2014 ROTM
648 Posts
heres a link to my youtube I took a quick nighttime videos I have the 2011 optima sx with k&n intake and hks ssqv version for bov,,,,,,ill have a better video soon but the intake sound is noiceeeeeeeeeeeeee

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
heres a link to my youtube I took a quick nighttime videos I have the 2011 optima sx with k&n intake and hks ssqv version for bov,,,,,,ill have a better video soon but the intake sound is noiceeeeeeeeeeeeee
Very nice! Love the way it sounds in this video. Thanks for sharing it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
CAM00284.jpg CAM00285.jpg CAM00286.jpg

I finally got around to installing the intake (2014). It took me about 1hr and ten minutes, plus about 10 minutes I spent on some pre assembly before I went outside. Everything fit nicely. I haven't really opened up the throttle that much yet, but I think it's much quieter than my last turbo intake, which sounded like a jet engine.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
View attachment 91122 View attachment 91130 View attachment 91138

I finally got around to installing the intake (2014). It took me about 1hr and ten minutes, plus about 10 minutes I spent on some pre assembly before I went outside. Everything fit nicely. I haven't really opened up the throttle that much yet, but I think it's much quieter than my last turbo intake, which sounded like a jet engine.
Looks really good. Thanks for sharing pics with us as well. If you have a moment, could you also post some of these in our http://www.optimaforums.com/forum/121-k5-optima-store/47937-installed-items-pics-thread.html

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima SXL
414 Posts
question i have here is, with the heatshield, do i yield better results than with an injen intake? Also will a Strut bar have an issue with the heatshield? I kind of wanting to switch over to K&N's intake due to the heatshield. I currently have an injen and obviously has no heatshield.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
question i have here is, with the heatshield, do i yield better results than with an injen intake? Also will a Strut bar have an issue with the heatshield? I kind of wanting to switch over to K&N's intake due to the heatshield. I currently have an injen and obviously has no heatshield.
This is a good question Nelson, one that is debatable by many. You would think that the heat shield, it would help to restrict as much heat from being sucked into the intake. However I'm not too sure how much of a difference it will make. Also the heat shield may or may not be in the way of the strut bar. Not entirely sure though. I think Casey here on the forum knows for sure though as he had one.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima
158 Posts
I initially had AEM Cone filter but it just seemed too heavy for the stock pipe.

After getting some info from David K5OS I went ahead and ordered the K&N. It seemed like the better option in the long run.

Caint wait to hear the car with it on! :cool:

·
Your K5 Optima Store Rep
2012 Kia Optima
1,818 Posts
I initially had AEM Cone filter but it just seemed too heavy for the stock pipe.

After getting some info from David K5OS I went ahead and ordered the K&N. It seemed like the better option in the long run.

Caint wait to hear the car with it on! :cool:
Thanks for the order Carlos. Make sure and post up some pics once you get it installed. Maybe a video with some sound so we can hear it.

Eric

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
30 Posts
Cannot wait for mine to arrive!

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
32 Posts
I ordered and installed mine a few weeks ago. Not sure if I notice a ton of response in the throttle (but I know for a fact it's there), but it most definitely has a distinctive growl around the 2k rpm range, and it's quite vocal if you stomp on it. I didn't run any tests on fuel efficiency, nor did I take it to the track to see the difference. In my opinion it's sort of a novelty product that makes underneath of your hood look a little more impressive and gives you an aggressive sound signature.

5/5

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I ordered and installed mine a few weeks ago. Not sure if I notice a ton of response in the throttle (but I know for a fact it's there), but it most definitely has a distinctive growl around the 2k rpm range, and it's quite vocal if you stomp on it. I didn't run any tests on fuel efficiency, nor did I take it to the track to see the difference. In my opinion it's sort of a novelty product that makes underneath of your hood look a little more impressive and gives you an aggressive sound signature.

5/5
Vince thank you for your order through us. We're glad to hear you are enjoying the intake. Many people debate whether an intake actually makes any additional HP or not. I personally believe that whether a small amount or not, that it definitely contributes some amount of HP after installing. However I know this is a huge debate and everyone has their own opinion on it. At the end of the day, as long as you are happy with your purchase, that is all that matters. :)

·
Registered
2012 Kia 2012 KIA optima sx turbocharged
241 Posts
I've had my k&n intake installed for at least two months now and I am so happy I went with this setup I believe combined with the throttle body spacer in definitely feeling better throttle response and better performance throughout the entire rpm range. Has mileage improved and the sound is so sweet. I'd recommend buying this intake from the K5 store 100%

21 - 40 of 59 Posts