Kia Optima Forums banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
More miles heading to IA and back too! But thanks a bunch for your great help and getting these bulbs and projectors to me safely :smile: Great business as always

·
Registered
60 Posts
I would love to see more pics on a 2015 with the quad LED fogs. I would like to match the color more with the low beams, drl lights, and fogs.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I would love to see more pics on a 2015 with the quad LED fogs. I would like to match the color more with the low beams, drl lights, and fogs.
The OSRAM CBI bulbs are rated at 5,500k in color temperature. You would need to order our 80 Watt CREE Fog Light Bulbs or another equivalent bulb in 5,500k to have those match.

The original OEM LED Strip in the headlights as well as the Quad fog lights I believe are rated at around 6,000k, so it would actually be a very close match to those if not dead on.

·
Registered
60 Posts
That's good info, thanks! I don't necessarily need 100% match, but the stock optima HID's are somewhat yellow. Not a big fan. I would like a little more of a white/blue tint to my HID's

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
That's good info, thanks! I don't necessarily need 100% match, but the stock optima HID's are somewhat yellow. Not a big fan. I would like a little more of a white/blue tint to my HID's
Happy to help wherever I can. Yes the OSRAM CBI bulbs are not only a much brighter option in terms of light output, they are also in that 5,500k color spectrum that you are looking for. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Here's my initial impression and pics of the OSRAM D1S HID's meant to replace existing HID's on SX and SXL Kia Optimas. Unfortunately all the pics were taken during the daytime after I had installed them. Installation was done WITHOUT taking the bumper or headlights off. I had removed the coolant reservoir tank, which was easy enough. Hardest part was taking out the bracket that clamps onto the light to hold the bulb in place. On the drivers side I just loosened the negative terminal from the battery in order to just push it over and have some space to work with (leverage is the name of the game). This was the hardest part, but again taking the bulb out was so satisfying. Installation was the reverse. Anyway enough rambling, this is the outcome so far:
:yahoo:

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Thank you so much for posting these pics and leaving this feedback.

These not only look great now, but after about 60-80 hours of burn in, they will look even better.

The color temperature will become a bit cooler once they fully burn in. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Almost 10 days in and these OSRAM HID bulbs keep impressing me. Just like I have read, they get whiter and more intense the more time you let it burn in. Temperature and output is beyond what I expected and I'm glad this was one of my very first modifications for the SX. This is a shot I took from my iPhone 7 Plus with no filters. Again, I'm big into lighting and I love seeing the road clear as day.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Almost 10 days in and these OSRAM HID bulbs keep impressing me. Just like I have read, they get whiter and more intense the more time you let it burn in. Temperature and output is beyond what I expected and I'm glad this was one of my very first modifications for the SX. This is a shot I took from my iPhone 7 Plus with no filters. Again, I'm big into lighting and I love seeing the road clear as day.

Awesome, great review and thank you for posting the pic as well!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
61 - 71 of 71 Posts