Kia Optima Forums banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
LOL I've heard. Sorry Nova, not sure why the clips would be redesigned on the 14 models.
Because they can and figure it's just one more way to make things harder for us to do our own minor maintenance on our cars, thus forcing us to go the long/hard/expensive route of using their service facilities and techs.

Or am I just being to **** cynical, here?!?! (sigh)

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Because they can and figure it's just one more way to make things harder for us to do our own minor maintenance on our cars, thus forcing us to go the long/hard/expensive route of using their service facilities and techs.

Or am I just being to **** cynical, here?!?! (sigh)
Lol I'm not sure if that's why or if maybe there was something that was changed with the newer style of headlights that require these new clips.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Lol I'm not sure if that's why or if maybe there was something that was changed with the newer style of headlights that require these new clips.
Plausable, but the dust covers and the high/low bulbs are the same for both 11-13s and the 14s, so I can't figure out what the "logic" behind the change, other than the part (clip) may be made by another company???

Who knows?!?!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Plausable, but the dust covers and the high/low bulbs are the same for both 11-13s and the 14s, so I can't figure out what the "logic" behind the change, other than the part (clip) may be made by another company???

Who knows?!?!
Yeah that is strange. Did you ever get it installed?

·
Registered
56 Posts
These bulbs are tight! Had them in just over a month now and what a difference over the stock bulbs. Picked up a pair of Phillips Diamond Vision High's rated at 5K to match the CBI's. Looking to install this weekend. Do I need to remove the battery completely or is there enough clearance if I shift it to one side?

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Yeah that is strange. Did you ever get it installed?
Not yet... been waiting for time off, and now that I have it, the **** snow and cold weather has decided to come back!!! ARRRGGHGHHH!!!!! I'll get back under the hood once this Ice Age has passed! LOL

These bulbs are tight! Had them in just over a month now and what a difference over the stock bulbs. Picked up a pair of Phillips Diamond Vision High's rated at 5K to match the CBI's. Looking to install this weekend. Do I need to remove the battery completely or is there enough clearance if I shift it to one side?
I haven't done mine, as you can see, but looking at everything, I would suggest removing the battery completely. It's REALLY tight on that side... practically too tight.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Awesome glad you like them and are enjoying them. Not sure on the install, maybe want to check the diy section here on the site though.

Not yet... been waiting for time off, and now that I have it, the **** snow and cold weather has decided to come back!!! ARRRGGHGHHH!!!!! I'll get back under the hood once this Ice Age has passed! LOL
Cool give us an update once you get it installed.

·
Registered
155 Posts
So these are bulbs to replace the ones that come with an HID kit? Or just replace the stock bulbs? What would be the difference between these and an HID kit if there is a difference?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
So these are bulbs to replace the ones that come with an HID kit? Or just replace the stock bulbs? What would be the difference between these and an HID kit if there is a difference?
These are only for OEM D1S replacement bulbs. All of the info on the product is listed in the first post in this thread as well as on the site on the description page.

The difference is that these are OEM replacement bulbs and an HID conversion kit is used to convert non HID vehicles to HID.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Now I'm confused. 2012 SX-T. I'm guessing has HIDS already. So these bulbs are replacements is what I'm gathering View attachment 84490
No problem. Yes your SX Optima already comes standard with HIDs. So these would be brighter and in the 5000k color spectrum eliminating the yellowish looking OEM HIDs you have now.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Ya the stock ones aren't bright enough by any means. Also the distance of light projected seems really short and really only able to see right in front of the car rather than out. So no HID kit for me, just some 200$ bulbs 🙈

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Ya the stock ones aren't bright enough by any means. Also the distance of light projected seems really short and really only able to see right in front of the car rather than out. So no HID kit for me, just some 200$ bulbs 
That is correct. If you only were looking to change the color of the existing HIDs you have now, then you could order a set of our $65 D1S replacement bulbs. However if you're looking for more light output, then yes I would recommend going with these. Don't forget about the $10 off coupon in the first post if you decide to get these. ;)

·
05/2014 ROTM
648 Posts
I went with the 8000K heads and 8000K fogs :} thanks david!!!! cant wait to install them on Monday!!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
21 - 40 of 71 Posts