2017 Tesla Model X
28,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Here to present the:
2011-2015 Kia Optima OSRAM CBI HID D1S 66144 Bulbs

FREE SHIPPING WITHIN THE US!!

(BUY NOW)

Description:

Easily the best D1S bulbs to ever hit the market, it's no wonder auto makers such as Mercedes and BMW are starting to spec the D1S CBI
in their flagships such as the new F10 5 series and S65. Indeed they are the "Rolls Royce" of D1S Lamps.
What makes them so amazing? Osram's Cool Blue Intense bulbs offer more lumens than the once
industry-standard Philips 85122+ 4300K bulb, but with a higher kelvin rating of 5500K.
So they are physically brighter and offer more contrast at night, which makes them seem even brighter than they already are.
In summary, everybody who uses them agrees they're the best D1S bulbs ever made. Don't just take our word for it, read the
reviews on HIDplanet!

We recommend professional installation especially with D1S bulbs, as their multi-pin connector is highly sensitive if installed improperly.
The K5 Optima Store & the Retrofit Source is proud to offer these bulbs in their original retail packaging from Osram.
We pride ourselves on being one of the last few distributors shipping genuine Philips & Osram lamps in the US.
It is estimated that 80% of these bulbs sold through outlets such as eBay or Amazon are fakes.

Package Includes:

2x: Osram Xenarc 66144 D1S CBI Bulb
2x: Alcohol pads (to clean bulbs before use)
TheRetrofitSource.com Decal
2-Year Warranty

Vehicle Applications:

2011-2015 Kia Optima (Equipped with OEM HID bulbs)
2016-2018 Kia Optima OSRAM HID D3S Bulbs: Found here
Any vehicle that uses an HID D1S bulb

THANK YOU FOR LOOKING!

·
04/2014 ROTM
2011 SX
3,608 Posts
They are plug and play, but it is cramped spaces and you are messing with a $100 fragile bulb. Twice. There is at least one DIY on them, but in short:

1. Remove the battery
2. Remove the coolant water tank (not the hoses, you are just getting it out of the way)
3. There is a screw holding in the dust cap - be sure to remove that and don't lose it. ;)
4. Re-use the little wire spring/ring from the original (it will make sense after you take it out)
5. Plug in the wire after inserting the lamp in the housing.
6. The wire retention clip can be a royal pita. Be patient. lol

You don't have to remove the battery or tank, but you better have extremely small and flexible hands. It really isn't hard overall but it is probably the most difficult light bulb I've ever changed.

-stoli-

·
Registered
424 Posts
Be Patient? clearly, youve never met me :RantExplode: hmm.. sorry Sick, you lost a sale, with that one little word! ;)... that doesnt sound too terrible. I think the worst one I had to deal with so far, was the rear turn signals... holy cow.
Thanks for the write up bud!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
These look very bright however I'd like to see a stock HID bulb versus this one. That would be a good comparison to sell me on if it's significantly brighter. I need to justify $200 on headlight bulbs to the wifey :)

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the 66144CBI lamps in my car and there is a huge difference between them and the factory HIDs. Even through the tint on my lights they are brighter and whiter. I can only imagine what they would be like without the tint!
Awesome thank you for the feedback! I'm debating putting these in my Optima now. ;)

They are plug and play, but it is cramped spaces and you are messing with a $100 fragile bulb. Twice. There is at least one DIY on them, but in short:

1. Remove the battery
2. Remove the coolant water tank (not the hoses, you are just getting it out of the way)
3. There is a screw holding in the dust cap - be sure to remove that and don't lose it. ;)
4. Re-use the little wire spring/ring from the original (it will make sense after you take it out)

You don't have to remove the battery or tank, but you better have extremely small and flexible hands. It really isn't hard overall but it is probably the most difficult light bulb I've ever changed.

-stoli-
This is awesome and I'm sure will help put some customers minds at ease. Thanks you for posting this info.

Just placed my order!! #2418 =] now to put up for sale these morimotos 6k that I got from you that have roughly 3 hrs in them lol
Thank you for your order! :thumbsup:

These look very bright however I'd like to see a stock HID bulb versus this one. That would be a good comparison to sell me on if it's significantly brighter. I need to justify $200 on headlight bulbs to the wifey :)
They are the brightest available in a D1S bulb. It will be very difficult to show the difference in light output between the two in pictures. Maybe in person it would be much easier to see. However you can see some of the images of these on customers cars and read some of the reviews here: New Osram D1S Bulb Xenarc Cool Blue Intense

·
11/2015 ROTM
2013 K5 SX
871 Posts

Stock Philips 4200k (TOP)
Osram CBI 5000k (BOTTOM)

According to the link David gave us, the stock philips lumen output is 3200ln, while the CBI is 3400ln. Usually going up to pure white (5000k) from (4200k) you will loose lumen output.

This is probably a good side by side.
I noticed my DDM 5000k is starting to dim so I went back to the stock philips. CBI's will probably be my next mod.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Understand. I need proof via side by side pic before I drop 200 on bulbs alone. Good camera should be able to capture this if they are indeed that much brighter
I got you. Maybe the image below will help out! ;)

Stock Philips 4200k (TOP)
Osram CBI 5000k (BOTTOM)

According to the link David gave us, the stock philips lumen output is 3200ln, while the CBI is 3400ln. Usually going up to pure white (5000k) from (4200k) you will loose lumen output.

This is probably a good side by side.
I noticed my DDM 5000k is starting to dim so I went back to the stock philips. CBI's will probably be my next mod.
This is great, thank you for posting the image. The link I shared maybe a different bulb but the brightness should be the same.

Been using these bulbs for many months, love them , definitely recommend
Sweet, thanks for leaving feedback on them.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I have ran these in my optima for about 5? months now I like them, they work great and look great. But at the time david didn't care these, so I bought them direct through TRS.

·
Registered
2013 Optima
927 Posts
I have these as well. They are awesome. Took a little getting used to the higher kelvin but I also have a tinted windshield which prolly doesn't help lol

·
Registered
476 Posts
Why don't I ever see lumen ratings on hid bulbs, I'd think that be a big selling point.
e; I see it on your site now. But still I think its weird that its not like an up front, "in your face" statistic - it's any flashlight's main selling point.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have ran these in my optima for about 5? months now I like them, they work great and look great. But at the time david didn't care these, so I bought them direct through TRS.
Glad you like them. It's great to hear all this good feedback about them. I know not your fault I didn't work with TRS back then. ;)

I have these as well. They are awesome. Took a little getting used to the higher kelvin but I also have a tinted windshield which prolly doesn't help lol
Sweet, glad you like them as well.

Why don't I ever see lumen ratings on hid bulbs, I'd think that be a big selling point.
Actually it's listed in the description on the product page on my site.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts

1. Remove the battery

-stoli-
Tell me about it!! Mine's being an absolute PITA!!!!! :(

1 - 20 of 71 Posts