Kia Optima Forums banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Optima
38 Posts
Just got a set of 2014 LED's ordered, can't wait to get them installed to really make things look nice.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Niro PHEV
149 Posts
Dave so is it so that the hybrid tail light version fits to non hybrid Optimas too?
And has anyone tried to assemble the 2014 lights with cars produced between 2011-2013? Or it is just an urban legend that they don't fit...

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Dave so is it so that the hybrid tail light version fits to non hybrid Optimas too?
And has anyone tried to assemble the 2014 lights with cars produced between 2011-2013? Or it is just an urban legend that they don't fit...
Yes this is correct! No it is not possible to interchange the older designed tail lights to the newer models, or vice versa.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima
170 Posts
The 14' tail lights ever gonna come down in price? I need me a pair! :D $700 is just bonkers lol

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
The 14' tail lights ever gonna come down in price? I need me a pair! :D $700 is just bonkers lol
Due to it being an OEM KIA part, the price most likely will not drop down unfortunately. The price may actually go up slightly at the end of the year, but you know I can work with you a little on the numbers. ;)

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima
170 Posts
Got my Led Tails installed in my '14 LX over the weekend thanks to a couple of buddies of mine. Love the complete change the back end looks now :D. I couldn't be happier, thanks again David. Here's a pic i took today!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Got my Led Tails installed in my '14 LX over the weekend thanks to a couple of buddies of mine. Love the complete change the back end looks now :D. I couldn't be happier, thanks again David. Here's a pic i took today!
These really look great! Huge difference over the non LED setup. You're very welcome and thank you for ordering with us.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just ordered the 2014 surface emitting leds from k5optima store and cannot wait till they get here thanks David for having such an awesome store.... i also got the blinker mod!!!!!!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I just ordered the 2014 surface emitting leds from k5optima store and cannot wait till they get here thanks David for having such an awesome store.... i also got the blinker mod!!!!!!
Thank you for placing your order with us! You're very welcome too and thank you for saying that. ;)

·
Registered
2015 Kia 2015 Kia Optima LX
11 Posts
Would love to upgrade my taillights on my LX but I am sure I would screw it up. If I did not have to wire anything I would for sure upgrade lol.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Would love to upgrade my taillights on my LX but I am sure I would screw it up. If I did not have to wire anything I would for sure upgrade lol.
It's actually really easy to do the installation. The small wiring pin-out process is very straightforward and any professional installation shop could do it for just a matter of minutes.

·
Registered
2013; 2015 Kia Optima
367 Posts
Why is 2013 Hybrid LED version expensive than SXL version? Any particular reason? Do they have higher or lower number of LEDs?

When looking straight from behind, one can see "C" shaped lights on two ends (2013 SXL), whereas it looks like "C" with the missing vertical portion on two rear ends (because of extended clear portion in 2013 Hybrid). Which one looks better (may be personal choice) ? It appears that when looking from behind, the brightness may be slightly less (Hybrid version) ?

Do turn signals show up better in Hybrid because of missing vertical portions (two rear ends). Few days back, I remember seeing a SXL LED tail light. It was extremely bright. I loved it. The car used turns signals while turning right, and it appeared that that the turn signal got slightly blended with the rear tail light, as the driver braked slightly during the turn.

Thanks in advance.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Why is 2013 Hybrid LED version expensive than SXL version? Any particular reason? Do they have higher or lower number of LEDs?

When looking straight from behind, one can see "C" shaped lights on two ends (2013 SXL), whereas it looks like "C" with the missing vertical portion on two rear ends (because of extended clear portion in 2013 Hybrid). Which one looks better (may be personal choice) ? It appears that when looking from behind, the brightness may be slightly less (Hybrid version) ?

Do turn signals show up better in Hybrid because of missing vertical portions (two rear ends). Few days back, I remember seeing a SXL LED tail light. It was extremely bright. I loved it. The car used turns signals while turning right, and it appeared that that the turn signal got slightly blended with the rear tail light, as the driver braked slightly during the turn.

Thanks in advance.
Everything sold for the Hybrid model costs more than the non hybrid model. This seems to be the way it is with all hybrid models from every manufacturer. :lol:

However in all seriousness, the hybrid tail lights are an upgrade over the original SX or SXL tail lights. IMHO I think they look way nicer. A few members from this site have ordered them from us and installed them on their Optima's.

·
Registered
2013; 2015 Kia Optima
367 Posts
Everything sold for the Hybrid model costs more than the non hybrid model. This seems to be the way it is with all hybrid models from every manufacturer. :lol:

However in all seriousness, the hybrid tail lights are an upgrade over the original SX or SXL tail lights. IMHO I think they look way nicer. A few members from this site have ordered them from us and installed them on their Optima's.
Thanks for the info.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts